Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Canadian Living in US

I am a Canadian that has been living in the US fir 2 years. My Neteller account was opened when I still lived in Canada and is linked with my Canadian bank account. My poker accounts are registered to my US address. Am I correct in thinking that I will not be able to use Neteller from a US internet correction? Can I open an epassporte account funding it from my Candaian account even though I live in the US.

Thank you
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Canadian Living in US

Your NT account will be shut down when you try to log in from another country by default.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your NT account will be shut down when you try to log in from another country by default.

[/ QUOTE ]

so how are you supposed to access your funds if you're in another country?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:43 PM

This happened to me when I was travelling in the US. I called in to find out why it was locked, explained to them what I was doing, and they lifted the restriction for me...and asked that I call them when I returned to Canada.

Now, the fact that you are living there may change things. Perhaps tell them you're on an extended trip there?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 PM

I have already had them lift the restriction and have been using Neteller here for 2 years. I am wondering if they now consider me American or Canadian becasue I haven't changed my bank account or address with them.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Canadian that has been living in the US fir 2 years. My Neteller account was opened when I still lived in Canada and is linked with my Canadian bank account. My poker accounts are registered to my US address. Am I correct in thinking that I will not be able to use Neteller from a US internet correction? Can I open an epassporte account funding it from my Candaian account even though I live in the US.

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
I have already had them lift the restriction and have been using Neteller here for 2 years. I am wondering if they now consider me American or Canadian becasue I haven't changed my bank account or address with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sooooo confused. What are you asking? Have I been leveled?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 PM

You are in the USA, therefore bound by US laws. My Canadian netteller hooked up to my Canadian bank is closed as I use an US ISP number.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sooooo confused. What are you asking? Have I been leveled?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 PM

Sorry I guess I'm not real clear here. All of my Neteller transactions were before they were banned from making US transactions. I was wondering if there was a way for me keep using Neteller from the US but it doewn't look like it. I think I will email Neteller support.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 PM

no, there is no way.