Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Razz HU K vs. K

The table had been playing short (3 - 4), then we ended up heads up starting with this hand. Only read on villain is that he is generally bad at Razz.

Yes, third is awful. How about 4th? I think 5th is ultra standard, and 6th is plain old standard as I assume he has an A after the 3rd street raise. Should I be betting 7th here?

Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.20 SB)

Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.10 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.10 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.10 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (9.10 BB)

</font>
Old 12-14-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Razz HU K vs. K

[ QUOTE ]
The table had been playing short (3 - 4), then we ended up heads up starting with this hand. Only read on villain is that I am generally bad at Razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is how you play then you hate money. First, why did you complete? Second why did you call on 4th street, do you just want to see if you get runner runner runner?

this was hands down the worst RAZZ hand I have ever seen posted here. Advice: quit poker, its at lot cheaper than spewing chips on all streets but one the way you did.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM

Man, I hate it when people pussyfoot around like this.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I hate it when people pussyfoot around like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

tough love. And I am bored. Moving sucks.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 AM

3rd street is so awful that u cant really talk about the rest of the hand because of the compounding errors.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:55 AM

Assumming the villian started with two unpaired cards in the hole that are lower than a 10, which is likely as he raised, and didn't pair as you seem to think he did, then he just needed to outdraw you on the river. You seem to have convinced yourself your a better player, than forgot why you are a better player. Atleast, you forgot when you played KQ5. For a raise.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 PM

Is it really bad to try to steal with K vs. K here? It seems like it might be ok to try it.. you're representing two low ones in the hole, so if villian has a bad one to go with the K, he should fold.

When he raises, you're screwed.. he almost certainly has two low ones, but even if he doesn't, you're probalby way behind with your Q. Just fold and give up your steal...

4th: so you decided to peel and hope to out draw him. You both catch good, and he bets. More evidence that you're behind.. you have a two card hand now, and he has three. I think folding is very +EV.

5th: Miracle, you've caught up! You both have 3 card hands, but he has to think you have a 4 card hand now. I think your bet might be a good bluff here.

6th: Darn, he called. But you caught perfect. He caught good too now. You're probably a coin flip now. He's only folding to a bet if he paired his ace. Maybe your bet is ok, since you're even money if he didn't pair, but winning right away if he did.

7th: he called, so he didn't pair. You both know that whoever caught best on the river is winning. You caught bad, so you don't want a showdown. I think the bluff bet is good since he might fold if he caught a slightly better hand.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The table had been playing short (3 - 4), then we ended up heads up starting with this hand. Only read on villain is that I am generally bad at Razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is how you play then you hate money. First, why did you complete? Second why did you call on 4th street, do you just want to see if you get runner runner runner?

this was hands down the worst RAZZ hand I have ever seen posted here. Advice: quit poker, its at lot cheaper than spewing chips on all streets but one the way you did.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen a post that so accurately describes the feelings I experienced when reading a hand until this moment.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 PM

The complete on third is OK. It is a straight steal. When you get raised, you have to fold. Villain could have flat called but chose to reraise. Villain has two decent cards with his K and you are a 7-3 dog. Similarly, fold 4th.