Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 03:01 AM

Default A boring hand

Villian is Mizzles. I'm pretty sure he is Tizard, good tricky tag. He's played with me a lot and not sure what he thinks of me. Probaly veiws me as a medoicare LAG. New to the table today.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1350461874: Table Larson (6 max) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:22:42 ET - 2006/12/04
Seat 1: CALLINGDONKEY ($2,922), is sitting out
Seat 2: Danter ($17,059.10)
Seat 3: FoldTOcash ($3,041)
Seat 4: Binbs ($2,254)
Seat 5: good2cu ($2,100)
Seat 6: Mizzles ($2,286)
Danter posts the small blind of $10
FoldTOcash posts the big blind of $20
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to good2cu [Js As]
Binbs folds
good2cu raises to $70
Mizzles raises to $210
Danter folds
FoldTOcash folds
good2cu has 15 seconds left to act
good2cu calls $140
*** FLOP *** [4s 9h 7c]
good2cu checks
Mizzles checks
*** TURN *** [4s 9h 7c] [Kh]
good2cu checks
Mizzles checks
*** RIVER *** [4s 9h 7c Kh] [Kd]
good2cu checks
Mizzles bets $330
good2cu has 15 seconds left to act

Preflop I thought folding, call and raising were all ok. I decided to just call since my hand is probaly head of his reraising range, and I don't think at this point I'd ever get it in good if I 4 bet. But he does have the all powerful postion on me. Since we have no recent history I thought Calling>folding>Raising? Thoughts?

On the river I firuged he was either value betting thin or had a hand that couldnt win a showdown. (Wow amazing read right)? Given the action on the previous streets I thought case #2 was more likly. Thoughts?

Thoughs?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: A boring hand

Do you know game theory?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 AM

So many of his hands that don't have showdown value pick up a draw/pair/piece of the flop that I think would warrant a c-bet from him that I think the hands that he's betting here are a value bet much much much more often than a bet from a hand that can't win a showdown, in addition to the fact that it just looks like too obvious of a spot to bet/bluff becuase you've shown no strength.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So many of his hands that don't have showdown value pick up a draw/pair/piece of the flop that I think would warrant a c-bet from him that I think the hands that he's betting here are a value bet much much much more often than a bet from a hand that can't win a showdown, in addition to the fact that it just looks like too obvious of a spot to bet/bluff becuase you've shown no strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrongo. River looks like a [censored] spot to bluff. Turn looks like a good spot to bluff. If he's bluffing river, what is he bluffing with that he wouldn't on the turn?

Old 12-04-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

duh. but he also knows that i know this. I have seen him make bluffs this this before.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrongo. River looks like a [censored] spot to bluff. Turn looks like a good spot to bluff. If he's bluffing river, what is he bluffing with that he wouldn't on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm asking? I think he'd bet every hand that he'll bluff with on the river before it; i.e. if he's got suited connectors or something, they probably have at least an inside straightdraw and have connected with the flop.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you or the other way around?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point.

But I am also probaly often checking with the top pair on the turn.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm asking? I think he'd bet every hand that he'll bluff with on the river before it; i.e. if he's got suited connectors or something, they probably have at least an inside straightdraw and have connected with the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he doesn't want to get c/red off a draw?

I know I'm being diffcult but just want to play devils adavactoe to every point.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:11 AM

I meant when you said it "just looks like too obvious a spot to bet/bluff becuase you've shown no strength." It doesnt look like an obvious spot to bluff.

I think we just misunderstood each other.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

duh. but he also knows that i know this. I have seen him make bluffs this this before.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really think it's so flow and player related it's prob a marginal EV spot either way