Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Playing the blinds in 0.25/0.50 FR Limit Games

Hello,

i play limit Poker (FullRing 0.25/0.50$) and got Problems in defending my blinds agains a late Position raisen and decide to call an extra bet or to fold (same problem when it becomes 3handed). iīm looking for some advices or an article about generell advices on playing the blinds in microlimits.

maybe somebody can help me with some advices. by the way: i still know about potodds but most of the time you donīt get good enough potodds to call while playing the big blind but canīt afford to fold on the other hand. i need to find a aggrement to play the Blinds even if i donīt get the pot odds.

please be advised that iīm talking about heads up or 3handed situation .

regards
Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Playing the blinds in 0.25/0.50 FR Limit Games

Read those for starters.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...&PHPSESSID=

Cheers,
Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way: i still know about potodds but most of the time you donīt get good enough potodds to call while playing the big blind but canīt afford to fold on the other hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually, when you are in the big blind, you have good odds to play which is why you shouldn't fold too much.

I think there are good links on playing from the blinds in the library (check the FAQ).
Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 PM

These should help:

Aaron W's Let's have a seriuos talk about blind defense

and

The (un)definitive blind play links by dietlime

Good Luck & Welcome
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

i play limit Poker (FullRing 0.25/0.50$) and got Problems in defending my blinds agains a late Position raisen and decide to call an extra bet or to fold (same problem when it becomes 3handed). iīm looking for some advices or an article about generell advices on playing the blinds in microlimits.

maybe somebody can help me with some advices. by the way: i still know about potodds but most of the time you donīt get good enough potodds to call while playing the big blind but canīt afford to fold on the other hand. i need to find a aggrement to play the Blinds even if i donīt get the pot odds.

please be advised that iīm talking about heads up or 3handed situation .

regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello and welcome. First of all here is a link to better information about blind stealing than I can muster.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=

Then thie opinion: Don't worry about blind stealing until your are quite comfortable with hand selection pre flop. You are confident of your ability to handle post flop in almost any situation. You have digested the concepts of stealing and realize it is very read dependent in micro stakes and expansion of hand selection is incremental in nature. Better to give up a half or a fourth BB once in a while than outplay your capabilities and give up 3 or 4 BBs.
Just an opinion FWIW