Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Dog The Bounty Hunter: Racist?

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, were the comments actually racist? I know the word is offensive to a lot of black people, but the taped conversation made it pretty clear to me, at least, that he wasn't trying to say "all black people are N..." Some people use that word to describe the worst types of black people, right or wrong, I don't think that's racist. The types of people Dog deals with on his show are pretty much some of the worst people from their respective races, so I could see him using that type of language without racist intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot... He's like 1/5 th Indian so he can't be racist. And your right he can use the N-word because he might actually love most black people. He especially has my pardon if he only calls bad black people [censored], then there is of course no racial intent. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, were the comments actually racist? I know the word is offensive to a lot of black people, but the taped conversation made it pretty clear to me, at least, that he wasn't trying to say "all black people are N..." Some people use that word to describe the worst types of black people, right or wrong, I don't think that's racist. The types of people Dog deals with on his show are pretty much some of the worst people from their respective races, so I could see him using that type of language without racist intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot... He's like 1/5 th Indian so he can't be racist. And your right he can use the N-word because he might actually love most black people. He especially has my pardon if he only calls bad black people [censored], then there is of course no racial intent. Thanks for clearing that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to say it's OK for him to use that language, but it doesn't mean he's a racist imo, just insensitive.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Slow day in Poly eh?

Cody
Old 11-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Apparently.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:27 PM

Just figured a good ole racial throwdown was in order.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to say it's OK for him to use that language, but it doesn't mean he's a racist imo, just insensitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard? Insensitivity is the new racism. We have to make sure there's absolutely no distinction ever made between members of the KKK and people who tell watermelon jokes.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Why is it not OK for someone to say n------ in private phone conversation? WTF is the problem here?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Let's review:

95% of black males in Washington DC are semi-criminal or entirely criminal, 13 year old black males are as big, strong, tough and scary as any adult, and they're also unbelievably fleet footed: not racist.

"There is probably less than four of five percent that are minorities...so look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with”: not racist.

Ordering your son to break up with a black girl because you use the word n****r too much around the house: not racist.

What actually *is* racist? Wait, I know. It's when a black man calls somebody a cracker, right? That nasty political correctness virus is victimizing the white man once again!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it not OK for someone to say n------ in private phone conversation? WTF is the problem here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like people want to throw him in jail for saying it, they just don't want to watch his TV show if he's a racist. People object to racism, so they object to him being racist. They don't object to the fact that he said a word on the phone, they object to the social attitude that such a word suggests he has.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like people want to throw him in jail for saying it, they just don't want to watch his TV show if he's a racist. People object to racism, so they object to him being racist. They don't object to the fact that he said a word on the phone, they object to the social attitude that such a word suggests he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has yet to be determined. If you're correct, that's nothing more than the free market deciding to drop a show.

Although what he did was worse than what Imus said, I really don't want this turning into another Imus situation, where Dog is cancelled before the network can see whether his ratings will indeed drop or not.