Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Smoking & Illegal Narcotics

There will always be illegal drugs.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM

I stand for the legalizing of all drugs.

Conspire, your argument is the exact argument I use for the pro-legalizing. The reason why kids do drugs, drink, and smoke is because they rebelling against society. Many people want to be a rebel. If the door was open for all the people to buy as they pleased, we would be able to talk more open about it. The rebel feeling of selling and doing drugs would be gone. We would be able to see that people who do abuse drugs are not longer rebel's, they are sick, and no one wants to be sick.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Young kids always like to do the opposite of what they are told by authority. Im just saying its better to have people selling a less dangerous drug like marijauana to young kids than having them sell coke or other drugs. If marijuana is legal we will eventually get used to the fact we can get it easy and will want a different high.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) The "gateway drug" thing was disproven long ago. That was one of the arguments for prohibition back in the day. But then we realized prohibition doesn't work, it was repealed, and now there are millions and millions of people who drink alcohol and never "try" anything harder. I don't know why a prohibition of ohter drugs is supposed to succeed where our prohibition of alcohol failed.

(2) Its easier for kids to get meth than beer right now because beer is legal. So you think it should stay illegal so that ... wait ... I lost it. Say that again?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they are all legalized.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not gonna happen.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Also, could you answer the question about if you smoke weed and think it should be illegal?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Conspire, your argument is the exact argument I use for the pro-legalizing. The reason why kids do drugs, drink, and smoke is because they rebelling against society. Many people want to be a rebel. If the door was open for all the people to buy as they pleased, we would be able to talk more open about it. The rebel feeling of selling and doing drugs would be gone. We would be able to see that people who do abuse drugs are not longer rebel's, they are sick, and no one wants to be sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, but I disagree. Communism in theory works great, when applied to the real world it fails miserably. Same goes for Americas drug culture, our country is the biggest addict of the world. I dont see how this will ever change, even our own government is prescribing us all kinds of crap.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM

haha no, communism in theory does not work great. please stop spewing sound bites and think for yourself.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, could you answer the question about if you smoke weed and think it should be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]
I already did, and I dont think it should be illegal, I think it should stay illegal.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, but I disagree. Communism in theory works great, when applied to the real world it fails miserably. Same goes for Americas drug culture, our country is the biggest addict of the world. I dont see how this will ever change, even our own government is prescribing us all kinds of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Do yourself a favor and do some homework on the subject before posting again.You still have yet to make a valid argument for keeping them illegal.

IMO it's very sad that in some states you get as much of a penalty for possession as you would for felony theft.