Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Smoking & Illegal Narcotics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people want to see weed legalized, I for one do not. I used to smoke a lot, but have since turned to more productive drugs and even more illegal drugs. If weed were legalized it does not mean that even weed related crimes would totally stop. The numbers would probably go down, but I would assume those numbers transfer somewhere else and rise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is your argument for not legalizing weed? From what I can tell it's because crime in general would go up. Yeah... not gonna happen.

On the same note, what are 'weed related crimes'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say weed is legal, a lot of people especially young kids like myself do stuff because people tell us not to. We will be able to buy weed in some shop, and we will still go to the bad part of town to acquire an even worse drug. The cycle keeps repeating. Weed related crimes like busting down doors and robbing your neighbors of plants and product will likely continue.

Edit: Yes crime related to marijuana will go down, but crime related to prescription pills, cocaine and ecstasy will likely rise.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:51 PM

I don't think you've thought this fully through, Conspire.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(As a young kid) We will be able to buy weed in some shop

[/ QUOTE ]

Young kids wouldn't because there would be similar laws to alcohol & tobacco, which were more difficult for me to get as a 16-20 yr old than weed was.

[ QUOTE ]
we will still go to the bad part of town to acquire an even worse drug

[/ QUOTE ]

So you still go to the bad part of town, meaning you would be going there anyway whether weed was legal or not.

[ QUOTE ]
The cycle keeps repeating

[/ QUOTE ]

What cycle exactly? How does getting weed at a store equate to going to get a worse drug.

[ QUOTE ]
Weed related crimes like busting down doors and robbing your neighbors of plants and product will likely continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Single dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Do you personally know anyone who has done this or even heard of anyone who's done this?

Stoners are stoners. They will smoke whether it's legal or not and they aren't the ones committing crimes. They're the ones going 15 mph in a 30 zone, buying $20 worth of munchies, and forgetting that the TV remote is next to them. They aren't busting down doors.

How old are you anyway? Because you are spurting everything that someone who is uninformed and gets all their info from anti-drug commercials. Define some of the crimes you are talking about, because busting down a door to steal some plants is ridiculous.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people want to see weed legalized, I for one do not. I used to smoke a lot, but have since turned to more productive drugs and even more illegal drugs. If weed were legalized it does not mean that even weed related crimes would totally stop. The numbers would probably go down, but I would assume those numbers transfer somewhere else and rise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is your argument for not legalizing weed? From what I can tell it's because crime in general would go up. Yeah... not gonna happen.

On the same note, what are 'weed related crimes'?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all more or less off topic of the point of the OP which was where to rights start/stop for individuals.

Whether or not crime would go up or down as a result of the ban of some particular substance is only tangentially related to whether or not it should be legal.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Ya, very true upon re-reading I dont fully explain any point. Oh well, I blame the drugs for my poor use of words here.

I still believe that weed should not be legalized though.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 PM

Stoners are stoners but dealers are a different issue. A lot of these stoners can get themselves in way too deep, the dealer isnt gonna be mellow and looking for munchies. He is going to be looking for his money. I dont want to start a fight since you will probably dissect everything. Everyones view on drugs comes from how they grew up and what they experienced. Yours and mine seem way different.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM

More on topic here, I'm all for personal use of any drug. Alcohol is a very nasty drug, yet it is socially acceptable. Acid on the other hand is viewed by society as a very hard drug. I ask myself all the time why this is. How many deaths occur because of acid in a year? Compare that to the number of deaths caused when alcohol was involved? America (and the world to an extent) has a skewed perception as to what is 'safe'. It wasn't until a decade ago where non-smokers didn't feel safe in a smoky environment. What is safe/comfortable is what the rest of the sheep feel safe/comfortable with. I'm not saying it's right, but when the flock doesn't feel 'safe' about something, it needs to not happen, whether or not it infringes on personal rights.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stoners are stoners but dealers are a different issue. A lot of these stoners can get themselves in way too deep, the dealer isnt gonna be mellow and looking for munchies. He is going to be looking for his money. I dont want to start a fight since you will probably dissect everything. Everyones view on drugs comes from how they grew up and what they experienced. Yours and mine seem way different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so... I don't know a single dealer that would be 'looking for money' because I always had to pay COD. I would always chill there and try it too for free. Plus it doesn't defend legalizing weed because I don't know a single cigarette or alcohol dealer besides the gas station and liquor store.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Young kids always like to do the opposite of what they are told by authority. Im just saying its better to have people selling a less dangerous drug like marijauana to young kids than having them sell coke or other drugs. If marijuana is legal we will eventually get used to the fact we can get it easy and will want a different high.

Edit: Im 23, and like most people I can easily be influenced to think one way or the other. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to let me see things in a different way.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, very true upon re-reading I dont fully explain any point. Oh well, I blame the drugs for my poor use of words here.

I still believe that weed should not be legalized though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... Wait, what?

You smoke weed? And think it should *not* be legalized?

You actually think that you should be in jail right now?

Now that's something.

[ QUOTE ]
Stoners are stoners but dealers are a different issue. A lot of these stoners can get themselves in way too deep, the dealer isnt gonna be mellow and looking for munchies. He is going to be looking for his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize, of course, that if drugs are legalized that there WILL BE NO DRUG DEALERS!