Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Pushing in 08 Tourneys

I think Cappeletti, like him or not, talks about this a bunch, but i was wondering how to play hands ina PLO8 tourney when your stack is low. It seems that, unless you are a really tiny stack, most of your action comes from hands with A2,3 or four high cards, usually with AA in them. Otherwise, people just don't like to call all ins (because the cards run so close together). If the big stack of 60K raises, and you reraise (signaling you will go all in no matter what) with your 20K, he doesn't want to lose a third of his stack with A5JQ which in late position he might be raising with. At least that's many players it seems to me. If he has A2xy or AAxy he can't wait to get all in with you.

In this case, does it make sense to push with hands that do better against those kinds of hands. A2JQ might look good but if you get a call you're probably up against a better A2, and then who knows how the flop will come (no low, for instance). If you should be pushing with these "do well against A2 hands" what are they?

I feel like I've seen this talked about before, any help is great help.