Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Internet addiction / 2+2 addiction

2+2 is an awesome place. Lots of really smart people here.
Lots of great strategy discussions to help improve one's game.
Want to learn the best places to bonus-chase or which books are most worthwhile? Lots of discussion on that too.

And the sense of community is really nice too. Lots of good people and I consider quite a few of the 2+2 posters to be 'friends' even though I haven't met them in person.

But obviously it's extremely easy to get oneself 'lost' in all the drama all the around here.
ZeeJustin cheated. PartyPoker's software is eating people's computers. William wants to boycot Party. Kurosh is a tilter. Any drama in OOT or NVG or WPT or the Zoo. etc etc etc.

I know I'm not the only one who wastes WAY too much time on 2+2...but I do submit that I am certainly one of the top poster-boys for wasting too much time around here (just check the volume of my posts) in discussions that are really not THAT important.

I also submit that my annual income would probably be double if I spent significantly less time here and used that time at the tables instead.
Perhaps even more than that since I may actually improve asw a player as well.

I know this...and have known this.

The internet can be an addiction. And, unfortunately, my current addiction is not a profitable one.
At least if I was addicted to playing (as is a problem for some people) I would at least be making money.
But here, I'm costing myself money and I know this.

I just think that my whole little 2+2-addiction is interesting.
And I'm interested in others' opinions on their own 2+2 time-wasting as I continue to struggle with getting a handle on my own.