Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Are Online Short Sessions Rude?

i personally dont care when it happens to me, and i have no problem leaving whenever. im usually on 4 tables, and i sit out on all at once. if someone on one of the tables takes it personally, oh well. if they're stupid enough to want to play me HU in smaller games where the rake is so significant, they are destined to lose it all anyways. im doing them a favor by leaving, whether they know it or not.

but there are certain people who specifically leave after winning trivial amounts, and seem to just disappear where it is obvious that their whole intention was to leave as soon as they were up a small bit (futile [censored] ldo). it's not that i care that they left. it's that they think theyre getting away with something... and i cant have them feeling good about themselves. they need to feel miserable. i want to crush their spirits, and devour their souls. there's nothing i enjoy more than hammering them down to about 1.5BB's, and then saying "ty gg", and moving on to prop at 2 other tables at the same stakes.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM

It's your money, do what you want and don't care what other people think.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Do I get irritated when someone sucks out on me on a donk play and leaves...yes...is it illegal or rude...no. It's your money...and your time...maybe the dog just barked to get let out or something..who knows. Sitting on your computer at home is not like sitting down at a table where if you get up..you may not get back in for an hour or longer. However...I do caution you on this. If you've won....and it was a loose play...it may behoove you to stay..your table image says..hey..I'm loose and I'm ready to gamble with anyone...tighten the strings...and make more $$. By sitting short sessions...you are not getting the proper feel for your table..and may take a huge hit or be a big dog. Maximize your winnings..and when you feel that that particular table has gone south...move on...there are no rules on this...good luck!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM

In poker do as you please. You don't need a reason to quit. Why you quit is none of the other players' business.
Only if like Gonso says HU you should be more polite.
6 or 10 handed, do as you please.

In bridge it's rude without a good reason.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

No.

And you are correct when you say, "I would argue that I should not care, since poker is not about making friends or proper etiquette, it is about making money. The arguement that no one will play with you or you risk unpleasant interactions, dont hold up online."

QFT
Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 PM

I laugh like a drain when someone sits down, hits a ridiculous threeouter and then scarpers, even when I'm the victim, so no, don't worry too much.