Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Simplifying My Absolute Post

I'm writing this because so many of those who criticized my first post seem to have misunderstood it.

1. Insiders cheated

2. Other insiders denied the cheating in spite of the obvious evidence.

3. That meant the the other insiders were in cahoots with the cheaters, or the other insiders were complete morons who couldn't interpret hand histories, or they weren't in cahoots but were willing to lie.

4. Whichever of the possibilities above is true, there is no question that Absolute was remiss in not having software that flags suspicious play.

NEW SUBJECT

1. Cheaters deserve to be punished. To a lesser extent arrogant idiots do too.

2. Since Absolute still probably doesn't have good cheating catching software, anyone who plays there is more likely to be cheated than if they played at a site that does have this software.

3. Absolute is going to whether this storm no matter what we do. And they are probably going to get rid of the bad apples and eventually run a good site. Driving them out of business might be fun. But if it is mainly innocent idiots who are hurt rather than thieves it isn't that fun. Also making too much of this whole thing when they are now trying to correct it, could be bad for poker in general. That being said I would be all for a probably futile effort to put them out of business if it was clear they have retained their theives and were still trying to rob us. But it is not clear.

4. If Absolute is going to continue on merrily along regardless of what two plus twoers do should we boycott them for the sake of principle only? If this was Wal Mart employing slave labor in Cambodia, I would say yes. But it is not. You should have no trouble looking at yourself in the mirror if you log on to Absolute and win lots of money there. You might have helped scoundrel owners but maybe they are gone. (You might also have HURT those owners by making the games tougher.)

5. If you think the games are juicy there, you still need to be careful because of their lack of oversight. Be quick to quit if you notice anything funny. And abide by stop losses.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Simplifying My Absolute Post

oh ok
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 AM

ok thx for the update

Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 AM

David I dont understand point 6 can you please create a new thread so I see why?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 AM

meh, thats a fine statement, finally, but it should all be obvious...

give us a cool way to fight this
Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 AM

Can the Mods ban OP already
Old 11-13-2007, 01:31 AM

[x] 3rd AP thread started by Sklansky
[ ] last AP thread started by Sklansky
Old 11-13-2007, 01:32 AM

if we can whether OP's posts 2+2 may survive?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Cheaters deserve to be punished. To a lesser extent arrogant idiots do too.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you need to do is clear up who you are talking about when you say "arrogant idiots".

[ QUOTE ]

2. Since Absolute still probably doesn't have good cheating catching software, anyone who plays there is more likely to be cheated than if they played at a site that does have this software.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good, albeit obvious, point.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Absolute is going to whether this storm no matter what we do. And they are probably going to get rid of the bad apples and eventually run a good site. Driving them out of business might be fun. But if it is mainly innocent idiots who are hurt rather than thieves it isn't that fun. Also making too much of this whole thing when they are now trying to correct it, could be bad for poker in general. That being said I would be all for a probably futile effort to put them out of business if it was clear they have retained their theives and were still trying to rob us. But it is not clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are ways to run Absolute Poker out of business, but it involves the world outside of the online poker forums, where there has been a severe lack of coverage by mainstream media and powerful representatives of the game of poker.

It will never be clear the thieves are there, because they are trying to hide the fact that they have retained their thieves. According to their statements, the thieves never owned anything, and who knows if Scott Tom and AJ Green are involved, hellwho knows if theres cheating? Do you expect them to come out and admit the thieves still own the company? Even so, Nat mentioned in another forum, after coming back from Costa Rica, he believes Scott Tom is still an owner.

And IT WOULDN'T BE BAD FOR POKER IN GENERAL IF ABSOLUTE POKER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS IT WOULD SHOW THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY CONSEQUENCES IF A POKER SITE CHEATS. AS OF NOW THERE ARE NONE WHATSOEVER!!!

[ QUOTE ]
(You might also have HURT those owners by making the games tougher.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me that part was a joke! PLEASE!!!