Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 PM

Default BIG over shove in NL hi/lo $200 game

i generally dont play this game NL and so most of the players are new to me and i have little or no notes on them... have only played 20 odd hands and apart from a few pre-flop shoves no one has gotten out of line and dont have any real reads on villians... but decided to give it a crack and kinda got stuck in one spot.... its 9 handed and my stack is $220

i have a-3-3-5 with a suited ace..on the cut off 3 ppl limped so i called, both blinds come along so $12 on the flop...

flop comes down 3-7-8 two diamonds, i have no diamonds!...
its check to me and i bet $10, BB calls,, and utg SHOVES... he has over $400 also the BB who called covers his $400 bet if that means anything....

Normally in a pot limit game id at least call this(if not re-shove) and then re-asses on the turn.... but i got really stuck in this spot given his massive overbet, especially that the BB is still to come and he covers his 200BB shove......to me it looks like either a-2-5-6 with a diamonds.. or just some shittty top set

i decided to let this one go.. what do u guys think???
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: BIG over shove in NL hi/lo $200 game

You were playing for half, your A5 low was no good against the field most likely, good fold, this is one of those situations you have to carefully craft the situation to try to find hands you even have equity against
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 AM

yuck. I'm very new to O/8, but I feel like that would be a super-loose call. I fold too.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

I agree with what you said, definitely looks like a 2 5 6 flush draw. Id fold and find a better spot to put your money in. If this guy is a nut and is willing to push 400 into a 10 dollar spot, mostly like there will be a better spot to put it in
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM

yeah hate spots like this one....the flop does look sooo good for my hand... but i guess this is a fold...what do you guys do if this is pot limit and he just raises pot??