Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
OP: what table did this occur at. Was it one of the tables with a name, or was it a private table that can be created by any player?

And plz describe dumping. Was it one player raising everything except $1, and the other one folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a private 50-100 table for two people. The dumper would raise to 9900 and fold to the all in of the other one. The receiver left with 150K in probably 5 minutes.

Teddy I'm curious who you are, I sweat lots of HS games but didn't know any were 2+2 posters! GL
Old 11-29-2007, 01:21 AM

Yeah I also saw this. I thought momentarily about contacting someone but I couldn't think who, there are just too many skins.

It was a private table and one guy would raise to $9900 and fold to a raise, then reload.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how does this affect you and why is this a problem to anyone but ongame if he didnt play with the huge stack?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it gets established that online poker rooms are routinely tolerating large-scale money laundering then there will be no more online poker.

"If you build it they will come" applies very strongly to money laundering conduits. Give organized crime and organized terrorism a good way to move large amounts of money and they will exploit it every time.

It's fashionable to think that the U.S. government is making a serious effort to attack online gambling but really they aren't. That will change very quickly if online poker is perceived as a true threat to national security. Washington will become deadly serious about money transfers and the poker sites will become so radioactive no one will do business with them.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 AM

Thank you for the serious replies to my ignorance and for not just calling me ignorant and flaming me. I never looked at the bigger picture.

All I saw it as were two people transferring money to each other because the only way to do it on Ongame is in the form of $100 gift vouchers. I now understand why I got the replies I did after I made my 1st post, and why it is wrong.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 AM

You guys really are a bunch of paranoid clowns. When is the last time OnGame raised its rake? When is the last time a chip dumping scam put a poker room out of business? Seriously, stop snitching. This chip dumping episode is going to have no bearing on your bottom line. Besides which, there are dozens of reasons to chip dump that aren't detrimental to a poker network.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"If you build it they will come" applies very strongly to money laundering conduits. Give organized crime and organized terrorism a good way to move large amounts of money and they will exploit it every time.

It's fashionable to think that the U.S. government is making a serious effort to attack online gambling but really they aren't. That will change very quickly if online poker is perceived as a true threat to national security. Washington will become deadly serious about money transfers and the poker sites will become so radioactive no one will do business with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this "sky is falling" sentiment were even true, this would be precisely the reason not to say anything and instead just STFU about it and not alert everyone and his brother as to what's going on. Had the OP not posted about it, none of us would even know.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this "sky is falling" sentiment were even true, this would be precisely the reason not to say anything and instead just STFU about it and not alert everyone and his brother as to what's going on. Had the OP not posted about it, none of us would even know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow Nick - you have just taken over from dumb. You are dumber
Old 11-29-2007, 06:40 AM

This [censored] happens all the time at ongame.

I cant tell you how many times I've seen private HUNL tables where the action is like this

Player 1 $20,000 in chips
Player 2 $200 in chips

Player 1 posts the sb $1
Player 2 posts the bb $2

Player 1 raises to $198
Player 2 calls $196

Flop: x x x

Player 2 Checks
Player 1 Bets $2
Player 2 Folds

Player 2 re-loads and repeat process from beginning.

I have pointed this out to support before on numerous occasions but they dont seem to be bothered about it.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really are a bunch of paranoid clowns. When is the last time OnGame raised its rake? When is the last time a chip dumping scam put a poker room out of business? Seriously, stop snitching. This chip dumping episode is going to have no bearing on your bottom line. Besides which, there are dozens of reasons to chip dump that aren't detrimental to a poker network.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you won't be whining on here one day if your account is hacked, promptly chip dumped, and cashed out by someone else?

Oh...and I look forward to your list of dozens of reason to chip dump $140,000 that aren't detrimental to a poker network.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM

who the [censored] cares? seriously why would u care?