Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: TheBryce - Rich enough - Why isnt this getting any drama?

[ QUOTE ]
Very un-pc way of saying retarded. Its refering to Down's Syndrome, not people from mongolia.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, if his blog posts mirror his own intellectual ability even by a fraction, he should pursue something else besides the mongoloid enterprise that is professional poker. Extraordinarily well-spoken and intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

apologies, but what does "mongoloid" mean in that context?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means that he is a moron trying to appear well spoken

[/ QUOTE ]

OK? I meant it in the sense that it the game itself doesn't hold much value except monetarily for the most part. If there wasn't money involved, would a substantial number of people play it? Probably not.

Sorry if I offended with my diction, or anyone that has Down's Syndrome.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM

I think he's pretty [censored] smart. I'm sure in 50 years, there will be a lot of old guys who spent their entire lives playing poker. Some will be RICH, some will be broke, but all of them will have regrets about not doing something more.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's pretty [censored] smart. I'm sure in 50 years, there will be a lot of old guys who spent their entire lives playing poker. Some will be RICH, some will be broke, but all of them will have regrets about not doing something more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all of them will have regrets about not doing something more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I doubt that those who were successful at being professional poker players will have ANY regrets about it, when the time comes to have regrets, with the exception that if they cheated, then that's something to be ashamed of. Meanwhile, Yale University refused to take Ivan Boesky's money. Now something like THAT must be embarrassing. In contrast, professional poker players Annie Duke, Daniel Negreanu and Doyle Brunson are treated like rock stars while some of the money they earned as poker players is going to help feed starving kids in Africa and to build clean water facilities.

So no, I don't think people like Bryce will or should have any regrets.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he's a great player etc. but something is off here. If he's made 3 million over last 3 years, and makes 80k/mo, there's no way he walks away.

Walking away from 1 million in income this year when you're net worth is 3 million is something no one does. Probably he's on downswing, sensing games getting much tougher, doubts his ability to make a million this year. Again, despite his great blog entry and well articulated point of view, i dont buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't followed this guy at all so I may be wrong here, but I get the feeling the great majority of his winnings come from running well above expectation in toughish 1k-2k and 500-1k HULHE matches. (Not saying he wasn't +EV, just that he probably ran above expectation.)

If that is so his comments make more sense. The way you phrase it he's receiving some kind of salary of $80k/mo for sitting at his computer. Maybe his situation is more akin to winning the lottery and retiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I'm saying; it's more like the lottery than a salary.

So his decision to walk away is more about taking the money out before he runs average or bad than it is about taking classes, or long walks on the beach or whatever.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 AM

i think he is making a great decision.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he's a great player etc. but something is off here. If he's made 3 million over last 3 years, and makes 80k/mo, there's no way he walks away.

Walking away from 1 million in income this year when you're net worth is 3 million is something no one does. Probably he's on downswing, sensing games getting much tougher, doubts his ability to make a million this year. Again, despite his great blog entry and well articulated point of view, i dont buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryce makes $80k before breakfast every morning
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 AM

Default SKLANSKY

Why doesn't this post have more SKLANSKY in it?!!?

There, all better