Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Got company. $100 missing. Here\'s what I\'ve done.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He took the money to go to an Asian massage parlor obv. You should be proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't get much for $100. A hj if he's lucky and gets a sympathetic girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kid doesn't need to pay. He's 5-10, good looking and solid. Just the sort Debra LaFave would choose. Last year I took him to the wave pool. He comes to me complaining that some of the female lifeguards were asking for his phone number. So I asked what he told them and he just said that he told them that he thought they were too old for him which I told him was lame and he should get right back there and at least flirt but he was too scared.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is your brother that real hippie lookin dude you posted pictures of a while ago?

FWIW, I think you handled it ok. Sounds like your bro is having a hard enough time. You shouldn't be jerky to your nephew though. Either confront him about it, or let it slide. Sounds like the kid has been having a rough time too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that was my brother's eldest. The gf in that picture dumped him and he's taken up w/ the fugliest asian girl I've ever seen. And I've got the yellow fever. Yesterday she was swimming in our pool and I refused to even go look. This nephew is the youngest and he's been thru the least of the bad stuff because it's sort of mellowed over the years, thank goodness. Anyway, I'm done w/ it. We're having a BD party for the kid in 10 minutes. He'll be 14 on Monday.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 AM

you should hint to the kid that you know so he doesn't think he got away with it unsuspected. Maybe something subtle so that he thinks his dad is going to bring it up for like a week and takes everything out of context. Gotta f with him somehow
Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM

howard let it go and dont say anything. why ruin peoples lives that arent even involved.

if you must say something, say it to the kid like, hey i lost a 100 dollar bill somewhere and no one returned it. i hope they regret it someday.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:26 PM

I would anounce that you lost the money somewhere in the house and will give a reward if somoene finds it. This lets him return the money if he is feeling guilty. Lets him get a rewad. And lets you know he stole it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 PM

lol @ 'ruining people's lives'.

Just say that you had $427 dollars in your pocket of donation money that you were compiling to give into a Christmas charity fund when it got to 500. Say that when you checked your pocket 100 was gone.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 AM

Get the kid on his own...slap him REALLY hard upsides his head.
While his ears are still ringing tell him that was 50c worth and ask him if he'd like another $99.50 of it.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
howard let it go and dont say anything. why ruin peoples lives that arent even involved.

if you must say something, say it to the kid like, hey i lost a 100 dollar bill somewhere and no one returned it. i hope they regret it someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

ray zee wins

(as usual)
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM

I was in a similar situation about this time last year. My gf's little brother(15) comes to stay with us a couple times a year around school vacations. When he left there was $50 missing. I called him up and told him I was extremely disappointed and that if he ever stole from me again I would break his fingers. I also told him if he needed money he could just ask. We're already pretty generous to him. He apologized. A few weeks ago when he was here I had him rake the leaves and load my truck for the dump.

I think he's just in the rebellious teen phase and he's been in some other trouble as well, so I just chalked it up to that. And he's always been a great kid otherwise.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:44 PM

I was going to let this thread fade away but since somebody bumped it here's the rest of the story:

The $100 went missing on Tuesday. I locked up my money from then on and hid the key. Apparently I didn't hide the key well enough because on Saturday night I noticed that the box had been moved a couple of inches and when I counted the money in the box I was short $500 from the $3,800 I'd had. That was completely outrageous and I couldn't let that be so I went to the kid and said 'I'm missing $500. Look around in the computer room (where he was sleeping) and I'm going to look in my BR' but he didn't come up with the money. I didn't make a scene because I was worried about my mother's health. Just before taking my brother and nephew to the airport on Sunday I gathered up some spare change to put into our coin buckets that are on the kitchen counter. When they are full we cash them in at Fort McDowell which still keeps a coin counter and use it for Morton's. Anyway, one bucket was full and we'd started using the other one but I lifted the lid of the full one to see if I could fit in a few more coins and let out a largely involuntary, loud, 'What the heck?' when I saw that it was half empty and my mom saw what was going on and right away asked if her grandson might have taken the money. This was the last straw for me and, frankly, I was worried about the kid because while it's one thing to lift a $100 and even $500 and hope to get away with it it's another thing to take a half of a full coin bucket and hope that no one will notice but I still didn't want to start up right then so I told my mom that I'd call his mother since my brother is wound so tight.

I ended up calling my brother and telling him the story and to my surprise he took it calmly telling me that they'd already been having the same problem with the kid and he was going over to his ex's house to confront his son. I confess that I'm now mad at my brother for not warning us in the first place because I could've hidden everything to begin with and all of this wouldn't have happened.

End result: The kid confessed in like 2 seconds when confronted. Since my brother doesn't have money to burn they have purchased a plane ticket for 2 weeks from now and are sending my nephew right back here (he'll stay with a brother of his who lives nearby) to apologize in person and return the money. After he goes thru his ordeal I plan to take him aside and tell him that everybody does stupid stuff when they are his age, he's now forgiven and it will never be brought up by me in the future and he can still visit but to make sure not to do anything like that anymore. I also plan to tell him not to be so stupid. Put the damn box back like you found it, fool, and don't take HALF of a coin bucket.