Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: FTP has frozen my account with 83000 in it, beatme1/sillysal style

[ QUOTE ]
I know after reading these threads I will never play any form of heads up poker on FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM

What makes me think i will never book serious time at FTP or keep much funds on there is the way they dont communicate with customers.

Fwiw, i had an account locked within 24 hours of opening it at Betfair. It peeved me at the time, but im glad that they imediately sent me this:

[ QUOTE ]
Reference: XXXX1111

Dear Phillip

Please be informed that your account has been temporarily suspended
as part of our standard verification procedures.

In order to assist us with this security measure, we ask that you
send us a photocopy or scan of one document from each of the three
categories listed below:

---------
--------- Various stuff about CC bills etc removed
---------

Please include your username on all correspondence.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards

Verification Team

verification@betfair.com
www.betfair.com

Helpdesk Tel: 0870 0110 444

---------
---------Random "who we are" stuff removed
---------

[/ QUOTE ]

What is key here is:

1 - they told me straight away why it was locked and what i had to do if i wanted it unlocked. I suspect that if they locked it for other reasons they would email saying it had been locked (if they didnt say why).

Locking it with no contact is 100% not acceptable and 100% unprofessional and bad business practice.

2 - they have a number i can ring to speak to someone about the account. I actually did so to double check a couple of details. The person who answered was cool, answered my questions as fully as possible etc.

For Full Tilt to not have a contact number and to not reply to emails virtually imediately is not acceptable. Stars gets a pass because of their speed of email reply but id still be more comfortable if they got a call centre.

Ive rung up another site recently about a withdrawal issue - the site in question uses flash, is buggy as hell and looks like its made by a 17 year old web design student. But what sets it apart is i had a number to ring about my account. Hell, thats almost good enough to wipe out the negatives of the site donking out and crashing every so often.

If a site which has just a couple thousand users can afford to have a contact number, i really dont get why FTP and Stars cant.

Hell, even Party has a call centre - and according to my housemate when he had to ring them when he got hacked they were great about the issue but his FTP account which was hacked at the same time was a real problem simply because getting into contact with a FTP support relied on them eventually reading and responding to his email.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
, but keeping me in the dark while thinking my account was being hacked and not returning my emails is not the way they should go about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard fare for Full Tilt.
Perhaps more people will now see why this policy of closing/freezing accounts and not releasing any information/making contact when they do it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Here's a simple concept for FT:

When you close someone's account, for ANY reason, an email to the account holder should be AUTOMATIC, within 5 minutes of the account being closed.

This is an EXTREMELY simple thing and there is NO excuse for not doing this. Why do players have to go through the routine Ryanski and others have had to just to find out their account is closed? By not doing this, you are frustrating your customers and creating nothing but bad PR for yourselves. What's so hard to figure out about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right (as usually, Bobo)! I do not play at FTP and I will not play there in the future either because of threads like this (or to be more specific: because of the actions from FTP that lead to threads like this ;-)
Old 11-24-2007, 10:33 PM

"I am a HUGE GAME SELECTION NIT" This is 100% true he won't play "The Complainer" the biggest donk in heads up poker. Your edge is soooooooooo huge against him.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 AM

can we have a thread dedicated to highlighting FTP's awful level communication with customers?

it happens so often...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM

haha, yes i saw your post in that thread. very funny, and i may have to test out your opinion sometime soon.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM

"For your security, we have temporarily suspended your Full Tilt Poker
account while our Investigations Team performs a thorough review. Please
understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and
your account."

This makes it seem like they weren't suspecting botting, but maybe its a stupid email?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM

How can such a huge site have such a terrible support is beyond me. lets make it smaller to resolve the problem.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:03 PM

I have huge problem with epassporte and poker stars. any one else file a dispute with epassporte and account was frozen on epassporte? Its been a moneth.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have huge problem with epassporte and poker stars. any one else file a dispute with epassporte and account was frozen on epassporte? Its been a moneth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to post about your Stars/EPP problem in a thread about Full Tilt locking someone's account?

You'll probably get better results in the "Official ePassporte Thread" in this forum.