Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-14-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: 6 handed video

joker some people (everyone) plays a lower variance style than doughnutz, comparing me to him is just ludicrous, he would agree w/me 100%

also 350BB is not nothing, does it surprise you that schneids (who has a very similar style to me) also has only had one or two similar downswings in his career? no, it shouldnt, variance is really style dependent
Old 08-14-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also 350BB is not nothing, does it surprise you that schneids (who has a very similar style to me) also has only had one or two similar downswings in his career? no, it shouldnt, variance is really style dependent

[/ QUOTE ]

this strikes me as misleading.

Have you actually compared your stdev/100 with hock? I would have thought that it might be at least within 25% (not knowing anything about either of you, just that personal style is much less important than game style).

Or are you arguing that there are things other than WR and SD that goes into how long a sustained downswing can run.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:14 PM

I'm not on some high, variance-free horse. I don't play too nutso of a style and also dont play higher than 25/50.

I'm just wondering, is it really that sound to encourage people to grit down and just try to weather these big downswings? That might work for you, but a lot of people start playing way worse after even 300 BBs. I'm just saying, how much is enough to start wondering if your play or the game conditions have changed and you havent adjusted properly? If 750BBs isn't enough, it seems like someone could be saying "LOL VARIANCE" all the way to the bottom.

I'm not hating here, just curious..
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM

plz post immed baron
Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plz post immed baron

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:03 AM

Dont persuade him that its just bad luck.

Downswings are great times to find holes in your game and improve. It's prety much never good to write it off as variance... Sure you dont need to climb to the top of mount delhi and go on a spirtual journey involving hallucinagins, talking to yoga masters/oracels... But posting on 2+2 "I dont think im playing well, help me analyze my game" is nothing but healthy. ALL winning players should do this. A downswing is the perfect motivaton.

I wouldnt be surprised if THE biggest problem of most high stakes players is ego. After winning for so long, and so consistantly .. How can losing be anything but variance? Many posters on these forums reek of it.

The worst that can happen is he can find no holes and reasure himself that hes playing well... Im sure hes a rational person and will reject advice he sees as bad.

I hope you find a hole in your game baron.... Im sure its there.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
additionally, hock_ sustained an even larger ds (his was ~900), and he is a +1bb/100 winner at 1/2 over a TON of hands (like at least half a mil).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hock never had a 900 BB downswing. I laughed at that thread. Dean gives the obvious explanation for that in a previous post.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
additionally, hock_ sustained an even larger ds (his was ~900), and he is a +1bb/100 winner at 1/2 over a TON of hands (like at least half a mil).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hock never had a 900 BB downswing. I laughed at that thread. Dean gives the obvious explanation for that in a previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh...it's not like hock filtered for tuesdays and such. it shows it clearly in his graphs.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhh...it's not like hock filtered for tuesdays and such. it shows it clearly in his graphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but even during the downswing I was actually beating the 200/400 and 50/100 games. It was only the 100/200 game that I was losing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesday filter might have been more meaningful.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Dude I was on a 350bb slider 4days ago and now I'm even, SH is wickety Whack! Keep a tiff upper lip champ!

btw I will watch a video and PM you my thoughts but only if we can be friends? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

JT