Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Can an abc predictable preflop player beat 100-200?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry i thought the sb 3bet us. But yes i will call down Alot as he is much more likely to have air then 2 kings lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you will murder the games. move up immediately.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:24 PM

No they will haivn nothing alot more often than i do in our battles. And i played 100-200 on party online and beat the game in somehwat the manner i'm suggesting. I felt the players just didnt play solidly enough. Menaing they spewed they played hands out of positon on a regualr basis. Yes they were tough players postflop but i'm not a complete slouch postflop either. They may be better i don't know. But i beat them becasue i was solider.

For instance. I hope stevie g doesn't get mad i'm using his name. He's a otugh player i give him credit for that. But preflop he put himslef in bad positons that eh didnt need to. He would call fist in utg with Ace little suited as an example. To me this isnt solid preflop strategy and a spot i can exploit. The other did similar and worse things.

JustAnotherFish would call my utg raise out in field with noone else in with hands like q10s kjs. To me again this is the type of hands they should be avoiding playing to my utg raise whiuch stand to have this hand dominated. Yet they would do it on a regualr basis. I'm sure there argument would be that there such great postflop players that they can make up for this and show more profit. But in reality can they?

And i'm not meaning to insult those 2. They are tough players and i respect there postflop games. But i think they were making mistakes preflop that were exploitable. If they didnt do these things i wouldnt no how to exploit them or have an edge because they probbaly play better than me postflop or at least as good.

If the abc preflop player plays tough and make semi-bluff moves post flop then does he have a chance?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 PM

No if the player is that weak postflop then i don't think he will win. I just meant abc preflop following a standard chart. But play solid postflop but may trap and make semi-bluff moves.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:00 PM

You guys are missing the question. OP is asking about an ABC PLayer PF.

AA-AQo utg opening etc.

and yes you can beat the game if you play this way if you play great post flop, infact it is probably the best way to play. The players who do well.....the well known money making players you rail sometimes and you see winning OOP 3 betting OOP PF with trash, etc. they are playing a meta game or it is player dependent.

OR maybe on tilt during that session and you just happened to witness it.

Truth is most 100-200 SH players are maniacs who bluff raise cappit PF 3 bet the flop with air, etc. because they have seen it done by other players and think this is the way you are suppossed to play........well sometimes it is, but most players do not know why they are doing it, they just thinking aggrro poker = winning poker.

Yea if you have a horseshoe up your azz!

Either way GL!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 PM

the 100/200 sharthanded games on stars are very tough games. I always laugh when you see some TV pro make an "internet player" comment as though it were an insult. If you can consistently beat this game you are one strong limit holdem player.

What is ABC though? An ABC 100/200 player would makes auto plays that would be LMNOP plays to a 5/10 player. Its all relative. Put simply these guys identify extremely thin situations where they have some value and maximize their earn in these spots. No big magical secret, they make more bets on their winners and lose fewer on their losers.

If one were to make the jump immediately from 30/60 to 100/200 he will consistently find the following happeniong.

1. the pots he wins are smaller

2. The pots he loses are bigger.

3. He can't breathe when out of positon.

4. His sembluffs are frequently raised.

5. He starts praying for cards, always a bad sign.

6. And then it's just over.

Why do these things happen? becasue succesful higher limit players are better card readers, and can quickly put together the best lines based on those reads.

All that said, the 50/100 on Stars gets pretty juicy sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No they will haivn nothing alot more often than i do in our battles. And i played 100-200 on party online and beat the game in somehwat the manner i'm suggesting. I felt the players just didnt play solidly enough. Menaing they spewed they played hands out of positon on a regualr basis. Yes they were tough players postflop but i'm not a complete slouch postflop either. They may be better i don't know. But i beat them becasue i was solider.

For instance. I hope stevie g doesn't get mad i'm using his name. He's a otugh player i give him credit for that. But preflop he put himslef in bad positons that eh didnt need to. He would call fist in utg with Ace little suited as an example. To me this isnt solid preflop strategy and a spot i can exploit. The other did similar and worse things.

JustAnotherFish would call my utg raise out in field with noone else in with hands like q10s kjs. To me again this is the type of hands they should be avoiding playing to my utg raise whiuch stand to have this hand dominated. Yet they would do it on a regualr basis. I'm sure there argument would be that there such great postflop players that they can make up for this and show more profit. But in reality can they?

And i'm not meaning to insult those 2. They are tough players and i respect there postflop games. But i think they were making mistakes preflop that were exploitable. If they didnt do these things i wouldnt no how to exploit them or have an edge because they probbaly play better than me postflop or at least as good.

If the abc preflop player plays tough and make semi-bluff moves post flop then does he have a chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like the Party 1-2 game had a phase this spring/summer where it was generally a pretty decent game. Things seem to have evolved a lot however with the UIGEA and probably some fish busting out and others taking their action to NLHE; everything seems to have shifted down a limit or two.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Yeah thats around when i was playing them. Was niamin good? I heard some say that but he seemd like not good to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:42 PM

For the 1-2 game at Commmerce, yes, such a player will be a winner, with, of course, proper game selection.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah thats around when i was playing them. Was niamin good? I heard some say that but he seemd like not good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sort of blocked all the old Party screennames out of my memory bank but IIRC he sucked donkey balls.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sort of blocked all the old Party screennames out of my memory bank but IIRC he sucked donkey balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by sucked donkey balls, you mean one of the biggest winners in the game, then I agree.