Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which one are you
I am an atheist/agnostic and naturally I believe in free will. 29 46.03%
I am an atheist/agnostic but nevertheless I do not believe in free will. 22 34.92%
I am a christian/jew/muslim and therefore I do not believe in free will. 1 1.59%
I am a christian/jew/muslim and I am incapable of rational thought. 7 11.11%
I am neither an atheist/agnostic nor a christian/jew/muslim. 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Faux Chip Card Protectors = Angleshooting

slightly off topic, but i didn't want to start a new thread.

I have a 1888 silver dollar that I'd like to use as a card protector. Can I usually do this without it being considered part of my stake? I plan on asking the floor when i get to the cardroom but thought i'd ask here too.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Faux Chip Card Protectors = Angleshooting

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew what the OP was going to be upset about.

I bought one of those black chip stack lighters last January when I played at the Wynn. I was playing in the 1-3 game and noticed one of the players had what looked like a short stack of black $100 chips so in general conversation I asked how much he had in his stack. He then showed the lighter around the table and it was no big deal. So on a lark, since I don't smoke, I went to the Wynn gift shop and for $6 plus tax bought my first chip protector.

There have only been a few times that people have been upset about the lighter looking like a stack of chips. These occurances were in tournaments so I stopped using it when black chips were likely to be on the table. Whenever I do use it the protector is always on the cards ans I generally make a point of showing it to people who notice.

Since I mostly play 1-2 and 2-5, and only rarely are there black chips in play, this is usually never a problem.