Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

nh

asswhack [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell was originally in LA, but the traffic and neighborhood was to bad so it was moved south.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: The rest of this whole [censored] weekend. [censored] fires in the ear. What is this [censored]? I'm flying into SD at 9 pm on Sunday night, and all of a sudden I see a raging inferno on the right side of the plane. Whoa! Then I look out the left window, and there's ANOTHER inferno! Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival?
Haychchchchchchchch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're not a real man until you head out and mow down a cacodemon with a chainsaw.

I was trying to put the finishing touches on a $2.3M contract with SDSU today only to find out the person who does their research budgets had to evacuate; hope she's okay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM

More variance: I'm still at the hotel.

Beat: I almost certainly won't be by tonight. I'm going to have my stuff in my prof's car rather than risking not being able to get to it when they call out the evacuation order.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell was originally in LA, but the traffic and neighborhood was to bad so it was moved south.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's pretty much hell up here, too. Three fires in the Saugus area about to merge into one GIGANTIC fire, another huge one in Malibu*, and I can smell the smoke in my house even though I'm not within 30 as-the-crow-flies miles of any of 'em. Worst part of SoCal.

* Funny story (sort of): I was sitting in my room at the Bellagio on Sunday morning, watching teevee and waiting for my breakfast to be brought up, when the national news decided to do a human interest piece on the castle that burned down in Malibu Saturday night. The perky newsgirl, interviewing the person that was actually inside the castle when it went up, said, "So, when did you say to yourself, 'My goodness, this castle is on FIRE!'?"

NC thread title aninec.

Edit: oh, and apparently the fires north of me are threatening Magic Mountain. That would be bad.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

So, I guess that overnight, my hotel did enter the mandatory evacuation zone. However, they had the decency not to actually kick us out right then. Everyone in Del Mar seemed pretty lax about leaving. I don't know if I'll be actually be allowed back after the talks today conclude, but I have all my stuff with me. All in all, this sucks pretty hard. My flight isn't until Wed. night. At this point, I can't even be sure that the airport will still be open then. Fortunately, though, the wind does seem to be lighter today, and it might even be coming off the ocean slightly rather than off the desert. If that continues, it'll blow the fire back on itself and could put it out. I'll be praying that wind picks up.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM

so long you mothasuckin castaic tow-truck profiteer. May you ingest the smoke and not prosper. I still remember 10 years ago when you charged me $100 to take my busted car (when I hit that piece of whatever on the 5) from the mountain to Castaic, then you charged me another $100 to take it from Castaic to LA.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 PM

Wook...sounds like a good time to spend the night at Oceans 11, well unless Oceanside is burning too.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wook...sounds like a good time to spend the night at Oceans 11, well unless Oceanside is burning too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to map of San Diego fires

Currently, it looks like I-5 is open and Oceanside is just outside of the evacuation area. Gogogo!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: The rest of this whole [censored] weekend. [censored] fires in the ear. What is this [censored]? I'm flying into SD at 9 pm on Sunday night, and all of a sudden I see a raging inferno on the right side of the plane. Whoa! Then I look out the left window, and there's ANOTHER inferno! Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival? I left beautiful weather in Rochester for what was supposed to be better weather down here, not patchy smoke with a chance of asthma and a long range forecast of lung cancer. The windows of my hotel room don't even fully close. It smells like a damn girl scout marshmallow roast in here. I can't even escape the smoke by coming inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to put too fine a point on it, but as someone whose entire family lives in NE san diego county, [censored] you wookie.
Closed Thread