Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain to me how we all know for sure everyone in the SEC is so good?

[/ QUOTE ]

ldo, because analysts say it is

seriously,
overrated conference

they might have the best conference ever and still be the most overrated conference ever
Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain to me how we all know for sure everyone in the SEC is so good?

[/ QUOTE ]

ldo, because analysts say it is

seriously,
overrated conference

they might have the best conference ever and still be the most overrated conference ever

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to get rid of the BCS and just have the SEC Champion automatically declared National Champions.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Seriously? VA Tech? Maybe it's because I live downstairs from the biggest irrational Florida/SEC homer ever who annoys the hell out of me but I just don't see why everyone automatically assumes the SEC is just so amazing. Cal killed Tennessee, South Florida beat Auburn at Auburn, South Carolina barely beats North Carolina, Bama lost to FSU, and Ole Miss lost to Missouri. It just seems like this is the same mentality that led everyone to believe Michigan and OSU were so good last year; everyone just assumes the whole conference is so good. We know LSU is good, but VA Tech really is not spectacular (still an impressive win though, don't get me wrong) and the rest of the conference has not done a whole lot in the way of non-conference wins.

The conference may turn out to be great, but every SEC fan acts like they know for sure that it's the best conference when nobody really has any idea how good anyone is right now.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:17 PM

dude... you live in New Orleans

you know there is that everyone in the South thinks they are god's gift to college football

there is no reasoning against that
Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 PM

The SEC is the best, but parity abounds. Sagarin's rating have the SEC as #1 so it's not like it's an absurd assumption. Plus, if you have been watching lately, it's some pretty damn good football. The other conferences are good too (except maybe the ACC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly LSU is the class of the league though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want to believe so bad.

but after Fla, Kentucky and the 1st half of Auburn, i ain't so sure. They looked more like pretenders.

Now the 2nd half of Auburn (minus the one Auburn scoring drive) they definately looked like contenders. But that was a a ridiculously sloppy final 10 seconds.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 PM

also, one will never know about the SEC because, for the most part, they insulate themselves in their own little world and avoid playing the other major conferences
Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Just finished watching the replay of Handy Vandy over Spurrier, and wow did SC look bad. Vanderbilt is not a good team, and SC's QBs looked even worse. Vanderbilt always has a decent defense and even better LBs, but so many passes were thrown really badly by SC.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, one will never know about the SEC because, for the most part, they insulate themselves in their own little world and avoid playing the other major conferences

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, we should just schedule eastern michigan and youngstown state like the big ten does week in week out

kentucky vs. louisville
auburn vs. south florida
lsu vs. virginia tech
tennessee vs. cal

yup we sure don't play any other conferences
Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't dispute this at all because I don't have a clue (i don't really even suspect anything), but could you actually show where the Big101112, Pac10 etc. play more against the other major conferences as opposed to the SEC?