Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Classic Poker????

Np op. A lot of people are a little too quick to "cry wolf", although there is often good reason. I fired off an email to Classic shortly after my previous post. Here are the questions and the response from Marcus in CS:

My Questions:
[ QUOTE ]
1) I am under the impressioin that Classic Poker is affiliated with the Crypologic Network, is this correct?
2) The Cryptologic network ceased allowing U.S. players to play on its network about a year ago. Has this changed?
3) If some Cryptologic sites allow U.S. players, please tell me which ones.
4) Do I have an existing account at Classic Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

The response from Marcus:
[ QUOTE ]
1. Yes, Classic Poker is a part of the CryptoLogic network.
2. No, In light of the legislation in the US restricting financial transactions for all US residents, we are no longer accepting wagers from residents of the United States including those within the US Virgin Islands and US minor outlying areas.
3. No, the rule is the same on the whole network.
4. We can't find any Classic Poker account connected to your e-mail. Please get back to us with your complete address if you want us to make a new search.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT of sites could learn a great deal from Classic. Not only did Marcus respond in a timely fashion (about 1 hour), it looks like he actually read my email, and responded with a complete and clear answer to ALL questions.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM

A lot of sites could also learn from them - don't send e-mails to customers in countries where you don't accept players. Although it doesn't "cost" them anything it makes them look retarded. I actually spent 15 mins on their site looking to see if US players were allowed and couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Actually, it is fairly clearly marked that US players are not allowed in the footer of each page on the Classic poker site. Obviously they do not put it in the prime marketing real estate as that is not the most important information for them to communicate to their players. Actually, when you click on the crossed out US flag it takes you to a page that is kind of cool... http://www.classicpoker.com/us_ban.php