Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: What happened to Josh Arieh?

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't look very happy when he got busted and made a hasty exit, unlike some of the other stars who signed autographs and took pictures after being busted.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't the 2004ME his claim to fame? why would anyone want autographs and pictures of someone who could've been another donkey that luckboxed to 3rd place (not berating his game)?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He didn't look very happy when he got busted and made a hasty exit, unlike some of the other stars who signed autographs and took pictures after being busted.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't the 2004ME his claim to fame? why would anyone want autographs and pictures of someone who could've been another donkey that luckboxed to 3rd place (not berating his game)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to defend him, but it wasn't really his claim to fame. He has 2 bracelets and people on the circuit knew him, he just wasn't a household name til the 04 ME.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM

ah ic. my bad
Old 03-16-2007, 07:19 PM

Not sure what is worse. His t-shirts or his blogging. He only posts when hes playing good and spends most of his blog time apologizing for not posting and promising regular posts then never delivering.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:20 AM

What a joke. "Lindgren is the nicest guy bla bla bla." Apparently you missed the PAD thing with Gordon.

You must be both Arieh's and Lindgren's LOL toolaments because from what I've seen they are both douches ... Arieh is anyway, I guess I won't judge Lindgren for one incident.

I'd love to see Arieh try his little Schtick with Sam Grizzle. His newborn would be without a father.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 AM

Tell Josh personally what you think. He's playing heads-up at Bodog today at 9:30p EST.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM

pass it on for me.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
acting like an ass on an internet message board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something you know a great deal about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I know a great deal about that. I see countless idiots on here doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up, Francis.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was spit the coffee out funny! nh
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hold on, I'll ask him. He's unloading the lawn mower off the truck right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

bhahahha

"Then I spent a month at the 06 WSOP as media and pretty much determined he's a huge douchebag.."

Stories please.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no "stories" per se, but for a guy trying to change his image and prove to the world he got a bad rep from a one-sided TV media, he sure wasn't trying very hard. Cameras on him or not it was pretty much a repeat of '04. Constantly berating other players with or without cause and just basically talking sh*t all the time. I realize that may be part of the game for some, but there is an element of tact to it. Tony G and Matusow do it perfectly....rarely do people take it personally...they realize it is an "act" with many dimensions for many reasons...with Josh though, it seemed really personal and genuine...long story long..he just acted like a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him at Bellagio after the '04 series and he was a complete tool to nearly everyone in the room. You look at a guy like Raymer who is beyond gracious in his dealings with everyone because he is naturally a nice person and then you look at Arieh and it is night and day.

Josh is a punk. Plain and simple. His agent tried to make him over into this passionate poker player who really is nice yet the true Josh still comes through. He is a bad human and I just hope his kids are getting their influences through the mother. I have seen him first hand when the cameras are not on and, as someone referenced earlier, the adrenaline is not pumping. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:05 PM

Again, he's a f ucking degenerate poker player. Do you people really expect these guys to be saints? Of course most of them are scumbags! It's the nature of the job! There are a few good examples on the tour but for the most part they are exactly how you would think a degenerate gambler would act when the camera is not on them.