Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Default 56s

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>,

ILOVEPOKER929 and I disagree on the flop action. I don't remember what reads there were but they weren't very strong.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Re: 56s

peel or fold.. I dont like raising here. button isn't going to fold for two with anything he'd fold for one IMO, except maybe a better five but even that is questionable.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 PM

Dump it. You called, more for 56s' straight/flush possibilities. That didn't happen. We're not even heads up and two connected overcards make your bottom pair even shadier.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:53 PM

Reads??? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Fold.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 PM

What I basically said about this hand was that against the type of player who will Iso out of the SB with many weak hands vs one lone limpoer, I would raise the flop. Against a tighter raiser who likely either has a better hand or a ten outer against us, I would fold the flop. I thought the villain in this hand was kind a laggish, so I said raise. Maybe im playing too loose in this spot.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:51 PM

I don't like folding here with a backdoor flush draw and almost no chance of being dominated in our draw to two pair/trips. Button open-limped so probably both has a weak hand and is passive. This makes the chance of a raise behind us negligible.

We don't have a lot to gain by raising, so I prefer a call. Folding out Button doesn't seem to gain enough against SB's range for us when we're counting on improving to win. Sometimes we may fold out his runner/runner draw, but I doubt he's giving up a ten here or anything similar that could call for one bet but not two.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like folding here with a backdoor flush draw and almost no chance of being dominated in our draw to two pair/trips. Button open-limped so probably both has a weak hand and is passive. This makes the chance of a raise behind us negligible.

We don't have a lot to gain by raising, so I prefer a call. Folding out Button doesn't seem to gain enough against SB's range for us when we're counting on improving to win. Sometimes we may fold out his runner/runner draw, but I doubt he's giving up a ten here or anything similar that could call for one bet but not two.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is a quintessential raise or fold situation. I believe calling is the worst of the 3 options becuz our hand is so vulnerable to so many turn cards. So If im going to continue with this hand postflop, I want try to get HU on the turn and a raise is the best way to accomplish this objective. If the BTN folds and the PFR 3bets it, then I call one more and fold the turn unimproved. If the BTN folds and the raiser calls and a Q,K or A hits the turn, then I would fold to a turn donk/check behind if he checks and fold the river unimproved. I understand that the plyer behind us is never folding a better hand, but thats not a problem. If he coldcalls this flop raise and the raiser calls, I would check/fold the turn unimproved. The question is, is all this trouble worth it with our bottom pair hand. Against the right PFR I think the answer is yes.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 PM

ILP,
I think the "quintessential" raise or fold situation requires the pot to be more multi-way.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 PM

ILP,

you're only going to get it HU on the turn when your hand isnt vulnerable

edit: clarify
Old 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ILP,
I think the "quintessential" raise or fold situation requires the pot to be more multi-way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the pot was more multi-way, then there would be more than one person behind me, and in that scenario, I would fold the flop every time since the odds I have the best hand go down tremendously. The fact that the pot is not that multiway is precisely why I would raise here against the right PFR. I am not saying you are wrong, just letting you know where I am coming from.