Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

Well sure, but both Tevez and Torres have certainly indicated that they are going to be good premiership players. I mean even when it took Tevez forever to score for West Ham last year, he was clearly their best player by a country mile. Well him or Marlon Harewood...

I see what you're saying about waiting and seeing, but based on the information we have, I don't see how you can't rate these two pretty highly. If a year from now, they look like Sheva, then we can change our opinion...FWIW, I would definitely take Torres over Keane. Less sure about Tevez, because they are pretty similar players and Keane is at least somewhat proven at this level.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 AM

Surprised Berbatov is getting so much love since he didnt manage anything much yet this season.

But if he pulls it off after he admitted that most premiership defenders have worked him out he can have my vote

[ QUOTE ]
as far as citing Torres and Tevez as great players in other leagues, well, there have been foriegn players taht have done amazing in other leagues and have looked like complete crap in the Prem. Veron comes to mind immeaditely and he was grabbed at what was supposed to be his prime(he was 28 when he joined ManU). Kleberson was supposed to be great too as he did well in other leagues but also looked like crap

[/ QUOTE ]

He He

The list is long of good players M-nich bought that turned out to be utter crap at the swamp.

i have it somewhere....
Old 10-12-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He He

The list is long of good players M-nich bought that turned out to be utter crap at the swamp.

i have it somewhere....

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet we've managed to win 9 league titles since 93, I'll take teh crap we buy with that record of winning over the past 15 seasons
Old 10-12-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He He

i have it somewhere....

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet we've managed to win 9 league titles since 93, I'll take teh crap we buy with that record of winning over the past 15 seasons

[/ QUOTE ]

Most def. Who wouldn't?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 AM

GAMES TOMORROW!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:59 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

About time imo.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:05 PM

[censored] pointless internationals, no-one gives a flying [censored] UEFA

all players get [censored] injured - dunno bout other clubs but arsenal out 2 players.
what other teams have lost key players whilst [censored] around agaisnt andorra or faroe islands
/rant

also, good to see the arsenal board have extended the lockdown agreement
Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Jammy Liverpool bastards. Real interesting decision by Neville right there, would love to run some EV calculations on it (cliffnotes - 1-1 in injury time, Neville handballs on the line making a nice stop to deny a certain goal, would the number of points lost by not having Neville in later matches through suspension and the times Kuyt scores the pen come up to >1?)

[edit for clarity]
Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jammy Liverpool bastards. Real interesting decision by Neville right there, would love to run some EV calculations on it (cliffnotes - 1-1 in injury time, Neville handballs on the line making a nice stop to deny a certain goal, would the number of points lost by not having Neville in later matches through suspension and the times Kuyt scores the pen come up to >1?)

[edit for clarity]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like he deliberately and obviously handballed a certain goal, in which case, why didn't the ref simply award a goal instead of a penalty?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:05 AM

I think handball is the "correct" decision. Whilst he is captain he doesn't provide much in the way of goals or creativity. Given that Howard could (should?) have saved the pen and once in a while they go on to win the game themselves when he does it probably works out better for them since there's only 3 mins to play.

Awful refereeing performance though. Made me laugh when Carragher was seemingly accusing him of listening to the crowd after Gerrard sent off Hibbert.