Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Winning players actually get around 55% of the money.

Tournament fees should be 5% online. And max rake should be $1
in $1-$2 NL games...risking 30 to win 27 is [censored]

Just yesterday some 19 year olds invited me to their game. I asked if it was a home game. They said no but we provide food and drinks and stuff. Everyone has the same stupid idea. Well start a poker game and gobble up $1000 a night for ourselves. I refuse to play in raked games in my city. It is fin [censored]. Deck of cards, self deal, some cheap chips, pay someone $10+ an hour is totally fin retarded. oh yea u gotta tip the dealer too.[censored] that..poker is the dumbest scam ever...holla if u hear me
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: The house takes all the money.

having to pay taxes on poker'winning is more (more) sick than having to pay a rake, vig, etc.

- jpp
Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
having to pay taxes on poker'winning is more (more) sick than having to pay a rake, vig, etc.

- jpp

[/ QUOTE ]

Only getting taxed on profits>>>>>>>>getting taxed always. Also I guarantee you pay multiple times more in rake.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- jpp

[/ QUOTE ]

Only getting taxed on profits>>>>>>>>getting taxed always. Also I guarantee you pay multiple times more in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker'winnings at the end of the year = profit , right ?

& yes I pay more, a lot more in rake, than in taxes, because im canadian, & we don't pay taxes on gambling'winnings.

- jpp
Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cash game rake, tournament fees, sngs fees etc are way too much money. $100 an hour + comes off the table in a cash game. 10% of EVERY prize pool goes to the house in tournaments and sit n gos. Its ridiculous. There is no doubt 8 out of 10 players lose in the long run.

Examining the rake/fees closely:

Low limit cash game. $100 an hour+ comes off the table or more. Say in a 10 hour period there is $4000 on the table. In 10 hours the house has 25% of the money, $1000. And this in just one day. Playing day in day out, the house gets allllll they money.

$100 Sit n go. 10% fee, 9 handed, $990 total $90 for the house. $900 left for the players. The best players are only avg $10 a sng profit these days, while the house took $90 for itself almost all of which is profit. And the majority of the players in these sngs are losing $10 per sng. THE HOUSE GETS ALLL THE MONEY.

$100 Heads up SNG. Each players pays $5 to the house. You are risking $105 to win $95. 5% disadvantage. Those odds are as bad as a roulette wheel.

$100+20 Multi-table Tournament = 17% of the prize pool to the house. Its a joke.

Through this silly card game they are able siphon away massive amounts of money from the average person. It's [censored].

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]i agree
Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,accountant, weekly pay: $500. Joe, electrician, weekly pay $400. Sarah, waitress, weekly pay: $350. Dave, mechanic, weekly pay $450. Mike, hs math teacher, weekely pay: $500
Susan, mcdonalds, weekly pay: $200.

They all play 15 hours of online poker every week for a total of about 60 hours per month of online poker.
They play cash games, where every pot is raked $3 X 50 hands an hour. So they are paying $15 an hour X 60 hours per month , which means they are paying $900 a month in poker rake. Considering what the average person makes, it's beyond me how 90% of the players dont lose in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who make $500 a week (or less) dont play nearly that much, or for stakes where it is max raked. playing $25NL, you get raked maybe a buck or two an hour per table.

losing isnt that bad in moderation if it provides entertainment.

losers at midstakes+ are either wealthy, or degenerates.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:22 AM

Yes, this is a fine post with good points. So why does no one play on WSEX? Why are you not playing there? People are dumb, the sites get rich, nothing will change. GG.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is a fine post with good points. So why does no one play on WSEX? Why are you not playing there? People are dumb, the sites get rich, nothing will change. GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some very knowledgable people here have mentioned why. Marketing is one, player pool is another, competition as a result of a small player pool is a killer. You need a lot of less skilled players or you just won't win much, or not at all.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg
Old 11-10-2007, 05:47 AM

I rather play at pokerstars and pay the rake than play at WPX, because at WPX there are no fish. Fish don't care if the rake is 0%, 10% or 50%. They lose money anyway. Only winning players do care.

I pay the rake for smooth software, a timebank and the fishpond that pokerstars provides by advertising their site.
You can consider the rake as a fee for a service.

A 2+2 pokersite? "Come play where the sharks are going to eat you alive".
Closed Thread