Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Hollywood Park TR- Drunk guy adds dead money to pot.

Go to bottom for cliff notes.

So I'm at Hollywood Park last night/morning, fearing for my life at all the thugs that are there, playing 200NL. Table is juicy, there is a drunk maniac to my right who keeps raising preflop, betting or raising the flop, and basically just keeps betting. One time his K4 ran into quads 7s on a 774 flop. DOH! Guy he lost to had on a black hat, glasses, an IPOD, and a sunburned face. Guess he was a pro? Unfortunately, now the maniac was busted. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] But, luckily went to rebuy. YAY! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I was just waiting for ANY hand to get him, but everyone else kept catching cards before I could.

A few hands later he again has a huge stack after raising and reraising. He busted the sunburned guy, who immediately picked up his handy dandy Cardplayer magazine and stormed off to the cage. Another player left, two guys come and sit across from the dealer. I'm in the 3 seat and drunk maniac is in the 1. One of the new guys brings $1500 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] to the table. He palys a few hands but seems nitty. So does his friend.

The drunk guy busts his best pal that's sitting next to him in the 2 seat. As he rivers the straight, he tells his friend "You owed me the money anyway!" Now he has about $600. His friend stands around, my twin brother busts out of his $100NL game when his Tens lose all in preflop vs. some slow-rollers KJo. The guy spiked a Jack on the flop and sat there for a whole minute before showing down his hand. Jerk off.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. So now the drunk guy decides to leave after he takes a stack from another player. He proudly exclaims "I'm leaving, but I'll buy a round of drinks for the whole table!" He drops about $85 on the table next to the dealer. It's now 2am. He stands up and is about to leave, when the dealer begins to deal. All the while, they are haggling over where to put the money. We are 4 handed, and I'm dealt K3o. I'm on the button and raise $15. LOL The two new players in the blinds get ready to fold. Then I see 3 yellow chips flash from my right side. "I call," says the drunk guy. Uh-oh, I thought he was gone? The dealer says "What about the chips?" "Put them in the pot." Christ. The two other guys call instead of folding, and I'm wondering why I even raised K3 to steal the blinds.

Flop comes 742 rainbow. All check around. Turn is a Q. Checked to me and I bet out 25. I have about $90 left. The two nits fold, and drunk guy raises me all in!?!? I sit and think. He always bets every street, so this doesn't make sense for him to check through that ragged flop. He's shown AI bluffs multiple times. Visions of Phil Ivey's daring bluffs and calls dance through my mind. I stand up, getting ready to leave, and say "I call." The river is a 9. "Do you have anything?" I say, flipping over my meager K3o. "I got [censored]," he says, while flipping over his JTo. I drag the pot. My twin bro, clutching his MGD, eloquently states- "Wait, what the [censored] just happened?!"

The maniac, who was really a pretty cool guy, says "Nice hand. Buy all these guys drinks."

"Of course. Sure thing," I say. He walks off towards the cage.

I begin to walk away from the table. I turn to my brother and say, "I guess he forgot they announced last call over 30 minutes ago."

"Yep, I got the last beer in the house."

Poor guys never got those drinks. Never trust a poker player.

<font color="red"> CLIFF NOTES </font> Drunk guy adds $85 of dead money into a pot. He bets into me AI on the turn. I win the pot with K High.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Park TR- Drunk guy adds dead money to pot.

pros don't play 200nl
Old 03-17-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pros don't play 200nl

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 09:46 PM

Excellent post.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:18 AM

since when does HP have a "last call?"
Old 03-18-2007, 12:18 AM

since its been in LA and thats the law
Old 03-18-2007, 12:30 AM

If you can't make a call like that you can't be a winning NL player.

Did you come close to covering the drunk's 600?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:49 AM

Very amusing, indeed. Yor're a story-teller, man. But why do I get the impression you're not all sober yourself when posting this, LOL
Old 03-18-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since its been in LA and thats the law

[/ QUOTE ]

wha???

I played there for years and never realized they had a last call...
Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM

Nice post, TH.