Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Flush card completes my straight in 3way pot

MP2 is 30.5/1.9/0.29 after 103
BTN is 20.1/10.1/2.67 after 117

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

I checkraised the flop hoping to get HU with BTN who will often be cbetting UI Overs. If MP folded and BTN just called I planned to semibluff turn unless an ace fell. Is this a reasonable plan or should I always just call the flop?

Can I do anything other than call down when MP wakes up with a raise on the turn?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Flush card completes my straight in 3way pot

Don't c/r the flop. PF call is meh. Turn and river are fine.

-J
Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Jaran, what's wrong with the flop c/r? Donk-betting doesn't seem to make sense, nor does c/c if we have the opportunity to get rid of MP2.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM

On the flop we have got ten high OOP. Our open ender does not have the full 8 outs as there is a flush draw out there. I'm not sure any of our overcards are good here. IMO, you don't have the equity to c/r the flop here. c/c is fine line...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Why do we want to be HU with UI overs? We're still behind and then we lose someone who pays us off if we make our straight. I agree that c/c makes sense with 2 clubs not being outs to our straight.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 AM

grunching...

I'm worried about MP2 on the turn. He's stats show he's so passive postflop, and a raise from him despite strength from you and button. That screams a flush to me. I dun expect him to raise a Ace high flush draw often enuff. I think call down is fine, might have a chance to chop too, and get part of the pot from button.

But why did you want to raise the flop? Any flush draw chaser is going to call anyway, and if you shut MP2 out, you're not getting more value in the later streets if you hit your number.

You have hit your straight on the turn, should check, and let button bet and you raise to protect your hand against a flush draw on the river.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You have hit your straight on the turn, should check, and let button bet and you raise to protect your hand against a flush draw on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, what? c/r to protect?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN is 20.1/10.1/2.67 after 117

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop check-raise isn't terrible. Villain's AF is a little high, which might suggest you can make him fold A-high... but I'd much rather have a little more of a read to work with than just stats.

In a 3-handed pot, you should be moderately less concerned with the flush draw than if it had been a 5-handed pot. After he calls two cold, however... (but I'm not folding)
Old 11-02-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop check-raise isn't terrible. Villain's AF is a little high, which might suggest you can make him fold A-high...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I could go either way with the flop play, but I don't mind this line at all given the situation.

I think MP2 has the flush a ton after his flop/turn line, but it's now a big pot so what else can you do? Nice hand.