Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: The official EPASSPORTE thread. (#3 of 3.)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the looks of this!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I wouldn't bet my life, my roll, or anything larger than a sandwich that everything is still hunky dory, it should be pointed out that these week long outages have been happening fairly often lately. Depending on what bank you have, you might be out of luck for as long as a week. My friend who uses a local credit union has reported that he can almost NEVER make bank withdrawls and when one goes through he's actually surprised.
It's really the ultimate YMMV situation. But just based on how many temporary technical difficulties they've had lately, 2-3 days of technical problems isn't really all that non-standard.

Still, fingers crossed, hope things get fixed tomorrow, otherwise a bunch of people are going to panic all weekend.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM

I was charged the $2 fee and I was really counting on this money for next week. That is why I don't like the looks of it. I hope everything is fine, but that also means I don't have money for next week!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was charged the $2 fee and I was really counting on this money for next week. That is why I don't like the looks of it. I hope everything is fine, but that also means I don't have money for next week!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you have a good grasp on money management in your life.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 PM

Withdrew from Epassporte to my bank on the 28th of august

Still has not hit my bank, i am starting to worry, put all my remaining money back into Pokerstars, but this withdrawal is scaring me
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM

OK hit my account today, so all is well
Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 AM

lol

so i posted earlier in this thread about getting my limit raised on my virtual visa so i could order a computer.

i decided that it was dumb to wait for that. so i called apple and asked if i could buy a bunch of gift cards and use those to get around my $500/transaction limit. apple says fine.

i order 3 $490 gift cards. that ends up taking up all 10 of my transactions for the day because apple made 2 $1 authorizations for each transaction as well. after all 10 of my transactions are gone apple tries to authorize my actual order for computer+ipod+printer that i had placed a couple days ago, before realizing i had a per transaction limit (i left my order on file because they got super backed up after releasing the new ipod and the guy on the phone said that if i canceled and re-ordered my stuff would take a month). this is rejected because i don't have any transactions left for the day.

the day ends and i get 10 new transactions. so i order the last gift card that i'm going to need (so total of 4). money is debited from epassporte account. THEN apple automatically retries my order for the stuff they said that was shipping yesterday. ipod and printer costs both get deducted from my epassporte account (total of $350). that's fine because i planned ahead for that and only ordered gift cards to cover the computer.

so i get emails last night and this morning saying that the 3 gift cards i ordered on the same day had shipped. i get an email saying the ipod and printer are prepared and waiting for pickup. the money for the fourth gift card is debited from my epass account.

then i get an email saying that my order can't be processed because i'm using a foreign credit card!! GAHHHHH

but the weird thing is it's ONLY the fourth gift card!

so i called apple and the lady was super confused. she said that $1470 worth of gift cards had definitely shipped out and that $350 worth of merchandise is definitely shipping out today (ipod + printer). but there's nothing they can do about that fourth gift card because my credit card is foreign!!!

she forwarded everything on to some people higher up so we will see.

apple has been super helpful so hopefully i can take care of everything through them and not have to talk to epassporte.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 PM

not that anyone cares but apple said there's no way they are going to ship me the fourth gift card. apparently my orders hit a glitch in the system and went through except the last one and they can't force that last one to go through.

also they don't take prepaid visa/mc/amex (retarded). so i guess i'm waiting until i get my Electron card from epass
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The amount was a little under $1,000. Hopefully this means it will only take 11 months or so to get my ATM card. Actually I've been pretty impressed with epass so far considering the hostile environment in which we participate.

[/ QUOTE ] Actually when I ordered my atm card earlier this summer, I recieved a week later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered mine on Aug 21st and got it Sept 1st. It worked last weekend for a small ATM withdrawal. Sweet!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you have a good grasp on money management in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for jumping in but you have no idea what the circumstances are. Plus it's just none of your business. The comment was negative and useless.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Is the $35 fee for the VISA card deducted from your account then.... if you have no $ in there, are you unable to order the card?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 PM

I don't recall the details, I just made sure to have a little money in there when I upgraded and ordered the card and it was deducted from my balance.