Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 PM

Default TTP nightmares...

My last two sessions I have lost at least 8 times in a row after flopping TTP.. playing live 3/6 it seems there's no way to get people off their draws, and I refuse to do anything other than jam the pot whenever I'm in that position.

The last hand is still burned in my memory...
I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EP and call, two other limpers plus the blinds.
Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, 1 fold, MP calls, SB folds, BB calls.
Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks, I bet, MP calls, BB folds.
River comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, MP bets, I ????
Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: TTP nightmares...

[ QUOTE ]
My last two sessions I have lost at least 8 times in a row after flopping TTP.. playing live 3/6 it seems there's no way to get people off their draws, and I refuse to do anything other than jam the pot whenever I'm in that position.

The last hand is still burned in my memory...
I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EP and call, two other limpers plus the blinds.
Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, 1 fold, MP calls, SB folds, BB calls.
Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks, I bet, MP calls, BB folds.
River comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, MP bets, I ????

[/ QUOTE ]

against some opponents you can throw this away on the river and not lose sleep over it.

with no reads i call, and i dont lose sleep over it if i lost either.

if it helps at all, you should realize that the Ace on the turn really is awful for your hand for several reasons:

1) the OESD got there. AT got there. AQ got there. A9 got there.
2) even if you still have the best hand, any A, T, J, K, or 8 can kill it.

With so many redraws to a better hand on the turn, i would be surprised if your hand wins on the river better than 50%.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 PM

I've had this same issue lately. It's even worse with two pair that aren't top pair. I had 52s on the BB the other day, checked and saw 5 2 7 r on the flop. I checked, a limper in middle bet, 1 caller, I c/r'ed, and everyone called. J on the turn. I bet, get 1 caller. Q on the river, the caller shows down QJ for two pair.

I realized afterwards that this was my fault. I should have waited to checkraise on the turn, since so many cards would be problematic for me, and the bigger bet was more likely to drive off the draws. My opponent in this case STILL would have called, but in the case where lots of cards are gonna hurt ya, and you can't fold the draws on the flop, waiting for the turn to ram and jam is the only answer.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:12 AM

(with your question preflop hand selection) Q9s in early looks good, but it only looks if you don't have any reads on the table that it's loose passiv Q9s it's trash and not playable in e.p.
the rest you played it's fine, i think without reads you've a crying call on the river.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:21 AM

b/f the river
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(with your question preflop hand selection) Q9s in early looks good, but it only looks if you don't have any reads on the table that it's loose passiv Q9s it's trash and not playable in e.p.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonsense. Default play if you are just sitting down at the table is to call and it will be right 95+% of the time. Live 3/6 games are not tight. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OP: I call river and pray.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
b/f the river

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks guys. I looked to MP on my left, said "I know you have a J, and I'm not paying you $6 to see it," and folded. He showed me JJ.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. I looked to MP on my left, said "I know you have a J, and I'm not paying you $6 to see it," and folded. He showed me JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

indicative of a losing player...puts all the money in while behind (flop and turn) and makes none while ahead (preflop and river)...gotta love it
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Yeah at least I got to lay it down good LOL