Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Default I am too passive with this hand?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Against a typical player I am too passive
Old 06-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: I am too passive with this hand?

well unless he has jj exactly you're most likely still ahead, so i would 3bet the turn.

a scarier board, where i wouldn't be as likely to 3bet the turn, would be kq9 or something.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM

3 bet the turn or raise the river. I can see arguments for 1 over the other. Haven't decided which one I like better.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:29 PM

i like raising the turn more
Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Raise the Turn... okay, but could you relate to a WAWB turn call and river raise?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 PM

not sure i follow you, ecooke...the reason i don't like raising the river (over 3betting turn) is if we get 3bet we're almost always behind, but have to call, but if we 3bet turn we charge him right then. he could have big hearts for all we know. so we call the turn, then what if he checks the river? basically i think we get more bets in with a better idea of where we are if we 3bet the turn now.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Against a typical player I am too passive

[/ QUOTE ]

3 bet turn and fold to a cap imo, unless you think villain in monkeyish enough to cap KK/QQ.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM

ugh, kit, i don't like that at all, you put him exactly on jj/66? with this board there's 0 chance i'm not getting to showdown expensively.

btw are you chino? guy who used to post here with similar avatar.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, kit, i don't like that at all, you put him exactly on jj/66? with this board there's 0 chance i'm not getting to showdown expensively.

btw are you chino? guy who used to post here with similar avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats the qualification "monkeyish enough to cap KK/QQ"....against super aggros and folks with high AFs we gotta go to showdown, against normal players i dont see how we can be good here.

yes I am Chino. I got banned for getting emo at a mod earlier for no real reason (well technically i requested it cuz i was pissy). I promise to be a good boy and am now reincarnated...

unfortunately i gotta re-start as a newbie and may have lost all my street cred (assuming i had any to start with)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM

hehe welcome back, least i recognized you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yeah and i mean depends on reads/battles/history but i could raise this turn (as villain) with big hearts or a lot of hands (medium-and high pocket pairs), all of which are behind aces. so i think the aces are still way ahead. not sure if you play online a lot ( i think i remember you as a live player) but it's not like live where a turn or river raise means the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]