Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Week 9

Christ, if he beats you up field like that just take him that way, the RB will read it and cut back. Jesus, are these guys high school lineman?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM

good holding call
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I usually like Steve Logan, but I'm struggling with him tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, he usually makes better halftime adjustments and the Oline is still getting smoked.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, at ESPN's stats on Ryan

"2195 yards for the year and only 95 tonight!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you making fun of ESPN or Ryan?

[/ QUOTE ]

the great ESPN..

[/ QUOTE ]

I like hating on ESPN as much as the next guy, but the real joke in there is that when Ryan finally faces a good team he sucks.

I don't have any problem with them showing that stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan is clearly having a bad game and may not be a Heisman favorite, but you have to be crazy to make this type of conclusion:
"when Ryan finally faces a good team he sucks."
The dude was ACC Offensive Player of the year last year playing on a broken foot. This is the same QB who beat VTech last year 22-3. His receivers aren't giving him much help today either.

BC is going to need a big turnover on defensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Matt Ryan finally faces a good team, with a very good defense, on national tv, with a national title and Heisman chases on the line, he HAS sucked, in this game, this season.

I'm not saying that he is a bad QB, he is very obviously a very good/great college QB, but in the biggest game of his career so far he has not played well. At All.

Just because he is good and has had a good career doesn't means he deserves a free pass. Which is what you are implying.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good holding call

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely useless, you were already beat, just take him upfield. I feel dirty just watching this game.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When Matt Ryan finally faces a good team, with a very good defense, on national tv, with a national title and Heisman chases on the line, he HAS sucked, in this game, this season.

I'm not saying that he is a bad QB, he is very obviously a very good/great college QB, but in the biggest game of his career so far he has not played well. At All.

Just because he is good and has had a good career means he deserves a free pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I want to blame Ryan and obviously this is not his A game. But honestly, its the god damn offensive line play. Its absolutely atrocious and no QB can win with that stuff(outside of UT Vince Young, and I am actually serious when I say it this time.)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Another great pass from Matt Ryan. Ship that Heisman. Noone knock him at all, he was ACC POY!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just because he is good and has had a good career means he deserves a free pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I want to blame Ryan and obviously this is not his A game. But honestly, its the god damn offensive line play. Its absolutely atrocious and no QB can win with that stuff(outside of UT Vince Young, and I am actually serious when I say it this time.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true in the first half. Much more blame lies on Ryan in the 2nd half.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM

side rant:

it's OK for Glennon to throw the 3rd and 14 up for grabs

coaches have gotten so into not making turnovers that they forget some turnovers don't cost much

for instance, throwing a ball 45 yards down the field on 3rd and 14 usually doesn't hurt much if it's intercepted

teams don't take enough shots in spots like that

that being said...shouldn't have been passing
they are up two scores with 6 minutes left against a team that cannot move the ball....just take 35 seconds off the clock
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, at ESPN's stats on Ryan

"2195 yards for the year and only 95 tonight!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you making fun of ESPN or Ryan?

[/ QUOTE ]

the great ESPN..

[/ QUOTE ]

I like hating on ESPN as much as the next guy, but the real joke in there is that when Ryan finally faces a good team he sucks.

I don't have any problem with them showing that stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan is clearly having a bad game and may not be a Heisman favorite, but you have to be crazy to make this type of conclusion:
"when Ryan finally faces a good team he sucks."
The dude was ACC Offensive Player of the year last year playing on a broken foot. This is the same QB who beat VTech last year 22-3. His receivers aren't giving him much help today either.

BC is going to need a big turnover on defensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he is good and has had a good career doesn't means he deserves a free pass. Which is what you are implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Im implying that when someone says "when Ryan finally plays a good team, he sucks" has no idea what they are talking about.