Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

[ QUOTE ]
At NBC's heads up championship this year, Gazes and Chad Brown played a pot where the board was 6666x, and Gazes had 99, Brown had an ace, and Gazes didn't understand why they weren't chopping the pot for a good minute or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. Apparently tons of people don't understand this. It happened to me again online, some time later - quad card came on the river and I dutifully got it capped, sadly this was for pretty piddling stakes + the whole HU cap thing.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

So, the fire was heading through Rancho Santa Fe and heading directly toward my house. We were under mandatory evacuation so there wasn't much time to post about my commerce 3 day binge. Now the wind has changed and we are back in our home with new perspective on the "bad beat." At least 4 doctors I work with regularly have confirmed that their houses are gone.

The trip was a marginal success and I posted a 2k win despite running like ass for most of the trip. I played an 18 hr intense session in the 60 where the game was insanely good. There were 2 players who had played over 72 hrs and one was stuck in the 30k range. The highlight hand included me overlimping with 55 and flopping a set in a pot that was 8 ways for 2 bets preflop and capped on the flop by me 6 ways. Of course the one card straight gets there on the river and I lose the 2 rack pot. Then I get AJ against 2 players with QT on an AKx flop and of course the turn is a J. The retarded part is that I got owned on the turn as I bet and the first guy with the nuts just calls and then the second one raises and then I call trying to fill and now the first guy raises and the second one caps. The river bricked anyway but it was still gross losing to 2 guys who had 3 outs to a chop.

Surf flew out from NYC and sacked up pretty huge. He shortstacked the 20/40 NL and doubles through some guy when he flops a straight. I will let him tell the story since it is pretty good if he wants. Then he plays limit and runs over everyone with a his boat flopping skills.

I did play one pretty sweet hand. I 3 bet TT against a tight solid early raiser. We get HU on a TT9r flop and he checkraises me. I 3 bet him and think about how sick it is going to be when he chekraises me on the turn. The turn puts out a 5 and I get to 3 bet his CR again. The river is another 5 and he check/calls as I proudly announce my favorite hand, "QUADS FULL." Surf laughs.

I played a bunch of hands against the best player alive (just ask him) i.e. scott lazar. I think it took him 2 days to realize I was going to take passive lines against him since he is such a damn betting station. The best hand was when I raise KxQs and he 3 bets QQ, the BB calls 3 and the flop is 8s9s3x and I peel one off getting 10:1 with overs and 2 backdoor draws. Turn was Ks and I c/c. River was a brick and I c/c. The ensuing conversation was classic.

Best player in the world "wow, wow, it looks like we play very differently."

me: "yes we do"

BPITW: "I would never call that flop. See, you hit your card and still didn't know what to do"

me: "I am pretty sure I knew what to do." Thinking: "I just let you bet since you never stop betting"

BPITW: "How long have you been playing this game. I didn't read you for that bad. wow, wow, wow, how can you call that flop"

me: "you are way too good a player for me to give you insight into my thinking" me thinking "for christ sake you can have 22 here how can I not call that flop. You are going to raise me and 3 bet me with gutshots and then lecture me about making a loose peel getting 10.5:1?"

BPITW: "blah, blah, blah, blah"

me: "I am pretty sure I don't want to discuss this hand with you anymore."
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

"Ha, yeah I remember that hand. (Though I don't really count raising AKs an attempt to steal from the button). That seems like many decades ago... there was a time this summer when I could actually get that hand to hold up. But if you knew how bad I'd been running the past 5 weeks... aiya. Now every time in this situation the river pairs the board and villain turns over a runner runner boat to cackle in glee as he scoops the chips.

Hey Tim -- when are you coming back to LA?"

Hehe, I didn't mean to call it a steal (just looked like a possible steal when I saw your raise, cursed you under my breath, folded and tossed in my SB). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I might get down there in Feb (if there is anything left after the fires).
Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM

How did you leave that 60 game? If Ricky hadn't left the game I would still be there in the same seat in the same clothes at this moment.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you leave that 60 game? If Ricky hadn't left the game I would still be there in the same seat in the same clothes at this moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know. I was 17 hrs in on 4 hrs sleep and finally got unstuck. I didn't want to deal with the emotional distress if I got sucked out on a few more times and had to return to the city of stucksville after putting in that much work. The seat and game were nothing short of epic though. It reminds me of getting out of the water on the head high offshore days catching perfect wave after perfect wave. Eventually you just have to get out.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 PM

I forgot that you were on John's left too. You should have just sold me your chips and then told the table I was playing your chips so I could have the seat.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot that you were on John's left too. You should have just sold me your chips and then told the table I was playing your chips so I could have the seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way that would have worked. I thought of it and I wanted you to get that seat but next up was the BPITW and there is no doubt he pitches a fit.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 PM

The way it worked out I got to play an absolutely awful player HU in the must move for a while so it wasn't too bad, even though his expert play took me from winning 1 rack to stuck 2. At least I can say I was beat by the best.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM

The game got better after you guys left. Some guy went eleven bets with the 3rd nut flush and some other guy didn't put in a 12th bet with the nuts.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a bunch of hands against the best player alive (just ask him) i.e. scott lazar. I think it took him 2 days to realize I was going to take passive lines against him since he is such a damn betting station. The best hand was when I raise KxQs and he 3 bets QQ, the BB calls 3 and the flop is 8s9s3x and I peel one off getting 10:1 with overs and 2 backdoor draws. Turn was Ks and I c/c. River was a brick and I c/c. The ensuing conversation was classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed a river check-raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. This is a win/win proposition:
(a) He folds, and you don't have to listen to his drivel as you slide your cards face down towards the muck.
(b) He calls, and you'll have to listen to his probably worse drivel. But at least you'll get his $120 to console you.

Garland
Closed Thread