Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors
Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

who here is the little latino guy who always plays at the wynn 20/40 and says "they're killllllling me nowww" when he (or anyone) kills a pot...he sounds like a 5-year old kid but is quite awesome imo

i know he's on here
Old 09-19-2007, 03:52 PM

lol dave , sup man , I got no chat on ps and neither on FTP but nice to see u here hahaha , chat banned for life on FTP and few more monthes on ps , nice list btw
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who here is the little latino guy who always plays at the wynn 20/40 and says "they're killllllling me nowww" when he (or anyone) kills a pot...he sounds like a 5-year old kid but is quite awesome imo

I remember him from January. I thought he was the best player in the game.
i know he's on here

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Who what when?

Here is a category I can be in the top ten list of!!!!!!!!

Most hands played this year!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 AM

I think a lot of interesting thoughts have been covered in this topic and here is my 2 cents. I think in the short term I would pick 5 to 10 different online players who would probably be plus EV vs most Pros or live players who specialize in Omaha 8 and would be the favorites in online cash games. If they were all playing live, or live tournaments I would say the edge would go to the few known solid Omaha 8 pros. I think for PLO8 I would again go with the online top 5 to 10 vs any pro lineup just for the shear fact that this game is primarily played online and these guys have lifetimes worth of hands played and some play it 7 days a week exclusively and have gotten quite good at it. I have played both live and online with matasow, juanda, flack, huck, harman, lindgren, patterson, both mizrachis, hachem, raymer, etc. and I would rather face any of those than my toughest online opponents. I think my results online vs the above list is actually really good. I think if the top pros played this game more and wanted to be really good at it they would catch up rather quickly and could easily be better in the long run. Also, who is to say that farha or ivey or antonius are better even now? This game may play lower online the stakes they are willing to play, so we may never know. As for sirscoopalot (john G) he is a better tourney player this cash game and may have had a good teacher too!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of interesting thoughts have been covered in this topic and here is my 2 cents. I think in the short term I would pick 5 to 10 different online players who would probably be plus EV vs most Pros or live players who specialize in Omaha 8 and would be the favorites in online cash games. If they were all playing live, or live tournaments I would say the edge would go to the few known solid Omaha 8 pros. I think for PLO8 I would again go with the online top 5 to 10 vs any pro lineup just for the shear fact that this game is primarily played online and these guys have lifetimes worth of hands played and some play it 7 days a week exclusively and have gotten quite good at it. I have played both live and online with matasow, juanda, flack, huck, harman, lindgren, patterson, both mizrachis, hachem, raymer, etc. and I would rather face any of those than my toughest online opponents. I think my results online vs the above list is actually really good. I think if the top pros played this game more and wanted to be really good at it they would catch up rather quickly and could easily be better in the long run. Also, who is to say that farha or ivey or antonius are better even now? This game may play lower online the stakes they are willing to play, so we may never know. As for sirscoopalot (john G) he is a better tourney player this cash game and may have had a good teacher too!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't post often so I doubt you will see this, but in case you do and are willing, who are some of the online PL08 players you consider to be the toughest?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if the top pros played this game more and wanted to be really good at it they would catch up rather quickly and could easily be better in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

ironically, John D'Agastino is playing against us almost everyday online now, and I think he's playing $3/$6 and $5/$10 just to get his feet wet (very small stakes for him).

I actually tried to ask him who he thought the best O8 player was, but he was too busy getting rivered in all-in pots [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM

breal i got yo back....enuf hateration on you......predator who is that guido slim shady in ur pic...hope its not u......also breal what do u think about the event today think i can miss first 30 mins i got class lol
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
breal i got yo back....enuf hateration on you......predator who is that guido slim shady in ur pic...hope its not u......also breal what do u think about the event today think i can miss first 30 mins i got class lol

[/ QUOTE ]

hey kiddo... saw you playing some big games on Stars lately, you must be kicking some ass there.

you should be alright missing 30 mins of tournament... can't see why you can't talk to the prof before class though and say you had an appointment or something.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM

yea just skipped tailend of it....gl today