Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: $3/6 Q9 in SB

"Not to care about your kicker is a mistake in holdem poker
if you bet out and only one raises could you fold you toppair Q??" - yes on turn unless villain is very aggro.

If I flop a straight (or an OESD) I'm going to get a ton of action as it is in the "playing zone" and will hit lots of other hands.
If I flop OESD,... than you have a chane from 1/3 to hit it to the river. If you think this way you can play nerly any 2cards. - for 1/2 a bet in the small blind you should be playing a ton of hands ...just not the really horrible ones. its very hard to flop a profitable OESD with T2 offsuit.

If I flop two pair anyone with a Q is paying me off the whole way.
If you think that you can play any two cards - you are in the small blind. learn pot odds. also top two with Q9o is a hell of a lot better than bottom two with 72o.

May be you don't know it. It's right in a full ring game ( 10 Players ) to play preflop the best 15 - 20% (round about) and Q9o is definif not. - this is not true when youre in the "small blind."

DEFINITION OF SMALL BLIND: bet that must be posted by the player one seat to the left of the button. It is usually equal to one half of the smaller betting limit in a game, for example, in a 10-20 game, the small blind would be $5. Occasionally, the small blind is some other fraction of the big blind.

how I play this hand:

I complete the sb. I bet out. i fold to too much action on the flop. if no one raises i can assume i usually have the best hand. i win money. the end. repeat ad nauseum.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:20 PM

I checked the amout of the SB (on 3/6)
on Titan Poker you're right it's 1,5 Dollar
on Party Poker is only 1 Dollar
on Pokerstars it's 1 Dollar

And I still think you win money in the long run with it from the SB. And we havn't discoused that the BB could raise it.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I still think you win money in the long run with it from the SB. And we havn't discoused that the BB could raise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 1/3 structure it becomes closer, though i still believe its a call.

a very aggressive BB is another consideration...if the BB is raising a ton of hands PF, then I agree that we should fold this hand preflop.

in a 2/3 or 1/2 structure this should be an auto call preflop in most situations.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The dollar value is not important.

The portion of the bet is not important.

What IS important is the rest of the current pot for this situation. Which is affected by but entirely more critical than what portion of the blind you're calling. Also you need to consider the chances that BB will raise.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 PM

Fold preflop, you're OOP, getting 5:1 and your hand isn't very good.

I'd fold, but you aren't against overpairs and probably not sets here either.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 AM

For your information: The SB in this case was 1/2 a bet, so $1.50. There is a EP poster who checks and a MP3 caller, both indicating weakness. I think completing the SB with Q9 is not a mistake here. There are already 3.5 bets in the pot, and I have to pay 0.5. A raise from BB would suck, but that is also true for a lot of other SB completing hands.

Now the more important part: Postflop.
I think you guys are right, fold to the 3-bet. There are a lot of hands that beat me: sets, overpairs and higher kickers.