Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Heart problems?

Nice.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:49 AM

Do not listen to Phil. Phil apparently wants you to die. Healthy people do sometimes have skipped heart beats, extra beats, brief periods of increased rates. This is normal and EVERYONE has this to some greater or lesser degree. Healthy people also will occasionally experience chest pain that they attribute to their heart. Almost never is actually coming from the heart. If it really bothers you, obv go see a doctor.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not listen to Phil. Phil apparently wants you to die. Healthy people do sometimes have skipped heart beats, extra beats, brief periods of increased rates. This is normal and EVERYONE has this to some greater or lesser degree. Healthy people also will occasionally experience chest pain that they attribute to their heart. Almost never is actually coming from the heart. If it really bothers you, obv go see a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's so stupid that he comes to OOT for cardiovascular advice I think we should just let him go...
Old 06-13-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not listen to Phil. Phil apparently wants you to die.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense after reading my comments and yours.
[ QUOTE ]
Healthy people do sometimes have skipped heart beats, extra beats, brief periods of increased rates. This is normal and EVERYONE has this to some greater or lesser degree.

[/ QUOTE ]
By a GP's definition of healthy, sure. If you don't have a diagnosable disease, then you're healthy.

And healthy young people should not skip heart beats. Ever. Extra beats/intermittent weak beats are normal but generally only happen under stress.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Healthy people don't get palpitations, irregular beats, skipped beats, and so on, so any kind of irregular heart activity is a sign that something's not right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really disagree with this seeing a 4/5 people who I've asked IRL if they have this happen say that they do get chest pains/ random heart skipping and speeding up every once in a while. All the people I've asked are in reasonable shape and don't abuse drugs.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Lol, I'll inform the cardiologists. They will be surprised. You have thoroughly pawned me, sir. NH.

Edit: I'll be sure to give you a nice citation, phil [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Healthy people don't get palpitations, irregular beats, skipped beats, and so on, so any kind of irregular heart activity is a sign that something's not right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chiming in with others here, this is 100% false. First of all, as others have indeed mentioned, it's rarely, rarely 'heart pain' when people think they have heart pain. I was also on a heart monitor for 24 hours, then a 'call-in' heart monitor where I sent my EKG/ECG (can't remember which one) whenever I felt like my heart was behaving abnormally, and everything was fine.

Bottom line, it's probably not your heart, and if you're really worried about it, go see a cardiologist. It will do wonders for your psyche (did for me).
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM

you probably have PVC's (premature ventricular, i forget the C, maybe contractions)

I get these as well, and they're most noticable when lying down. I wore a 24 hour monitor a few years ago which picked up a bunch of them, and subsequently went to a cardiologist. he said i had nothing to worry about. even so, it's definately disconcerting when your heart seems to be malfunctioning.