Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Live 4/8 AKs in CO

Here is one from this morning's session. Pretty new to table. No great reads yet except that most are playing lots of hands so far which is good for me!

5 limpers, Hero is in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises, Btn 3 bets, Blinds both fold, limpers all call, Hero calls.

Flop(21.5 SBs) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked around to Hero who checks, Btn Bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero Calls.

Turn(13 BBs) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who checks, Btn Checks.

River(13 BBs)5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked around.

With my 2 overs, and BD flush & BD str8 draws getting around 20:1 on the flop it is an easy peel, but looking for alternate lines if any to take on other streets.

Is a cap flop reasonable or bad cause of the BTn 3 bet on my left? Any other ways to play this one? Now felt like I should have bet the turn on this one.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Live 4/8 AKs in CO

why didnt you cap PF?

my line: cap PF, lead flop, if button raises then call and fold river UI. button raising may also clean up any outs.

if button does not raise then I bet flop and turn until i meet resistance.

i may bet the river as well UI, knowing that a bluff will only have to work sparingly to be profitable given the pot size.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM

I am capping this preflop.

My initial thought was to try cleaning up my overcard outs on the flop, but I can't see a way to do that. Even if you bet and Button raises, you're still giving the field only 10:1 which pretty much anyone with any piece of the flop can just call. Regardless, I think I'm still leaning toward betting.

On the turn, I am betting. Nobody showed any strength on the flop and you have to figure all your club outs are good (9) plus maybe another 4-5 for the overs.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am capping this preflop.

My initial thought was to try cleaning up my overcard outs on the flop, but I can't see a way to do that. Even if you bet and Button raises, you're still giving the field only 10:1 which pretty much anyone with any piece of the flop can just call. Regardless, I think I'm still leaning toward betting.

On the turn, I am betting. Nobody showed any strength on the flop and you have to figure all your club outs are good (9) plus maybe another 4-5 for the overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we cap PF and check the flop we might as well turn our cards face up the rest of the hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Not capping PF was a brain fart I guess(not the biggest mistake I made on this hand though). Now feel the biggest mistake I made on this hand was not turn betting. My OC hands need a makeover!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM

why is checking the turn so bad? The turn is a scary card because it just hit a whole lot of hands who will call you, all you accomplish by betting there is getting money in behind. The only good side to betting is the PF 3better might raise you and get it headsup then i assume you have 9 nut outs and at least 3 clean pair outs
Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 AM

first: this hand is well-formatted with all the relevant data, and is thus easy to read. imagine a world where all hand posts were like this.

ok. capping preflop for value is a slam dunk value raise with all these limpers jammed in. apart from that, i can't imagine playing this hand any other way. there is no point after the flop where a bet or raise would increase our chance of winning the pot or exploit an equity edge.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 AM

I have been working on making these hands easier on the eyes to read. I took your tips to others regarding this Tyler.

So everyone is agreed on the cap PF. I do also.

Flop: I still like a call here instead of leading out.

Turn is where it seems it can differ in this hand. I know some like to bet in this spot with this many outs in a large pot. Nobody showed any huevos on the turn so maybe I should have shown some and bet? Still on da fence in this spot
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not capping PF was a brain fart I guess(not the biggest mistake I made on this hand though). Now feel the biggest mistake I made on this hand was not turn betting. My OC hands need a makeover!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think not capping PF was the biggest mistake by far.

I've thought about the turn for a couple of minutes and I think check or bet is about even. I think you're about even money based on equity if everybody calls. I don't think its likely you're cleaning up outs by betting, plus you're risking a raise by the button causing other people to fold and its very likely you're behind the button. Button has only shown strength in this hand so I don't think its good to bet into him when you're behind and he could knock out players you want to keep in the hand.

I would have bet the flop though (especially after you capped it preflop). You can hope Button raises to knock some people out, and if not you're not in a bad situation yet.

Edit: Definite props on the presentation.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody showed any huevos on the turn so maybe I should have shown some and bet? Still on da fence in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody showed any "I don't have a clue what that word is" YET but the guy behind you has shown only agression every action he has. Seems like a poor spot to take a stab.