Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Do I accept this abnormal tip?

So I am at the bar working the busiest shift of the night and this old lady, like crippled old is sitting at the bar for at least 2 hours ordering orange juice being very picky and rude, paying in pennies and nickels. The other bartenders are rude to her but I don't take anything personally and continue to be pleasant to her and serve her. Finally, she tells me she has no more money will be back later, I say okay and she goes and leaves no tip.

The next day she comes in and proceeds to write me a $5 check with "for: service" written on the line. I have a laugh about it with my buddies and proceed with my shift.

Half way through the shift the old lady is long gone and we see paramedics rushing in, at first we have no idea what's going on but later find out it was the same lady who wrote me the $5 check who collapsed on the floor. The paramedics were there for at least an hour so I assume it was pretty serious.

Now I feel bad for her. On one hand I was nice to her and she wanted to reward my service with $5 which is well above the average tip you'd expect from an old geezer most likely on a fixed income so it'd be respectful of me to accept the tip. But now I don't know if she's in the hospital or dead, I have no clue, so should I just rip the check and throw it away?