Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Free Article Sites, Anyone Use Them?

I am looking at starting some sites using JoshK's post "Daily Adsense Routine" as a guide. When it comes to writing articles, I have found some sites that offer thousands of free, public articles on tons of different topics. Some of these articles seem pretty decent, and it seems if you could use some of them and just make sure your targeted keywords are thrown in there, that would save a whole lot of time. What are everyones thoughts on this?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Free Article Sites, Anyone Use Them?

I use GoArticles - Fair results only so far - Goarticles let you include affiliate links in the article itself, heard good feedback for eZineArticles but links can only be to your website.

Cheers, Mark
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM

A lot of people use these articles for various reasons. JoshK's post is one good example of how to use them. People into affiliate marketing online use them too. I'm sure there are dozens (at the very least) of other uses for them even beyond what people discuss here.

They're good because they offer information on a wide variety of topics easy to find at one source, and they're available for reuse. Even if you don't want to cite a source, you can often read what's there and rewrite your own article.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Also, here's a list of article sites for reference even beyond those listed in the Free Resources sticky in this forum.

<ul type="square">[*]GoArticles[*]Ezine Articles[*]A1Articles[*]Article City[*]Article Alley[*]Article Dashboard[*]USFreeads[/list]
Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 PM

KLC,

Thanks for your help with that list, it is appreciated. I had started my first site using Wordpress, but decided that I wanted to do this right and am now in the process of learning Joomla. I know this will take some time, but if you have any tips for that I would appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KLC,

Thanks for your help with that list, it is appreciated. I had started my first site using Wordpress, but decided that I wanted to do this right and am now in the process of learning Joomla. I know this will take some time, but if you have any tips for that I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never used Joomla, but I may be using that or Drupal sometime soon. I couldn't tell you anything about either though, sorry.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 AM

Well, I getting going on my first site now, but decided to use NVU for web design instead of Joomla, which so far has been a great decision as it is much easier to use.

I have one question about the free artice sites though. In Hollandicus' reply to me earlier, he mentioned some sites will not let you put links in the text of the articles and some will. I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but if I use a free article on my homepage, I can wrap that article around Adsense ads, correct. I will not be adding anything to the articles or course , just kind of inserting the ads to the right/middle of the article like many many sites do. Just wondering if anyone knows the particulars on this, thanks.

Also, KLC, I love the Sticky for the free resources. One section you might want to add is a list of sites that have good free images and pictures. Thanks again!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have one question about the free artice sites though. In Hollandicus' reply to me earlier, he mentioned some sites will not let you put links in the text of the articles and some will. I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but if I use a free article on my homepage, I can wrap that article around Adsense ads, correct. I will not be adding anything to the articles or course , just kind of inserting the ads to the right/middle of the article like many many sites do. Just wondering if anyone knows the particulars on this, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Just to clarify - I was coming from the perspective of a writer there... for example on GoArticles I can do a 400 word poker article and include my fulltilt affiliate link directly in the wording... where as in eZinearticles this is a no-go and you can only link to your own website (and then only in the author bio-box). My articles are pretty basic they get me small amounts of traffic for now with the potential that they are picked up by other sites for ongoing hits - look for author name 'Mark Holland' on goarticles.com if interested in some examples.

No issues using the articles + adsense - the whole idea from a writers perspective is to have them used along with a link / credit to the author.

Cheers, Mark
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Just two questions:

1) Can you copy and paste an article and publish it in a brick and mortar magazine or newspaper?

2) Can you use the words in a free article as links in your website? For example, an author writes: "Mary had a little lamb." In this case can you use "lamb" as a hyperlink to an affiliate site?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Yes and yes - the deal for authors is to get backlinks / publicity so as long as you include the author bio then no problems.

Cheers, Mark