Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: IdleMiner FTP - Beta

i have a problem with the idleminer. the miner didn`t create any HH of a table. i want to import the HH`s later in my PT. I hope that i configure the miner right, but i can`t say it 100 percent :-(

can anyone help me ? i didn`t find the right answer to my problem in the forum

thanks a lot
Old 10-29-2006, 12:19 PM

couguar,

In IdleMiner Full Tilt in the options menu there is an item that says "Persistent tmp files", you should check that item if you want to import the hands later in to Poker Tracker. If you run Poker Tracker side by side with IdleMiner there is no need for that.

If you continue to have difficulty configuring IdleMiner, send an e-mail to support@idleminer.com we'd be glad to help you.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:29 PM

thanks a lot i try it and give you a reply
Old 10-29-2006, 12:43 PM

it works thank you !!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: BUMP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Im sure theyll figure it out when NOBODY buys this version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, at least we're no longer accused of being a virus [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think anybody accused you of being a virus, but it was the way you just said "scan our software with a virus killer and you can be sure all will be ok..." that was questioned. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I'm not trying to get at you or your practices either, but I do think you should at least reply to that poster who made, IMO, a valid point about the wording on your site: You never called your original IdleMiner "IdleMiner - Party" or anything like that, and you did make a statement about supporting other sites in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's going to reply to this. It's a shame, it really does sound like a shady way to conduct business. Promise additional sites, only to make customers pay for them. The wording is such (or was such, at least) that people think that they will get the upcoming site support for free with their registration. It is their decision and their reputation on the line, so they should do what they feel best.

In the long run though, I think they will lose out. Someone who would not hesitate to buy a Party+Absolute+Full Tilt+whatever miner may skip on this company due to them charging for each site. I can say with great confidence that if I charged for each site my software supported, my software sales would be nearly non-existant. Supporting multiple sites is a great selling point, but not if you charge for each site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent posted in a while but the IM works great for me. didnt u develop PokerAce as a free alternative to people charging for HUDs? than change and start charging? People change their objectives for diff times. I think a base plus 10 or so for 3 sites would be good.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 AM

I never once said that I would not charge for PA Hud. Even prior to beginning development I said it was always a possibility that I would start charging. It was free for four months while I worked on it full time. I started charging because it was either that, or go broke.

The fact is if these guys were planning on charging for each individual site, they should not have insinuated that support for new sites would be free. That's borderline false advertising. Now, it's completely irresponsible that they are completely ignoring valid questions on this issue. If I were a potential customer, this would be completely unacceptable to me. However, I'm not their target customer, so they have no need to cater to me.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never once said that I would not charge for PA Hud. Even prior to beginning development I said it was always a possibility that I would start charging. It was free for four months while I worked on it full time. I started charging because it was either that, or go broke.

The fact is if these guys were planning on charging for each individual site, they should not have insinuated that support for new sites would be free. That's borderline false advertising. Now, it's completely irresponsible that they are completely ignoring valid questions on this issue. If I were a potential customer, this would be completely unacceptable to me. However, I'm not their target customer, so they have no need to cater to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand ur issues w/ what they are doing but I am near positive that you started PA HUD to compete w/ PV as a FREE alternative....I dont feel like digging up old threads tho.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM

I started PA Hud to force PV to make their product worth the $50, and to give people a cheaper alternative. I said from the beginning that it was possible that I would charge for it at some point.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:58 PM

This arguement seems really silly. PAHUD is one of the best values anywhere for anything any time. Yes is started becuase Josh thought it was bs that they charged $50 for PV. PAHUD is easily worth the $50 that they were charging for PV and still only costs $25. Due to this PV is virtually nonexistant now. Mission accomplished.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 AM

I am having trouble mining the 10/20 FL HU Cash games on FTP. Idleminer works fine with other games and limits, but when I request to mine these tables, it shows the status of the program as running, but no tables are opened and no hands are recorded. There are about 7 HU 10/20 Limit games going right now, and it won't open any of them. Any ideas?