Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
I never get in the middle of squabbles, but there is a easy solution, when TE posts as an individual, keep as he does, as a PPA rep, have another names, say PPA-TE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to follow convention perhaps KY-PPA, as we have MassPPA, BryanPPA and John's PPADC or something like that. Given that the PPA State Rep emails follow the same convention this might be an in-elegant solution.

It would allow TE to be TE and Rich be a Board Member.

Just a thought,

D$D
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 PM

I don't know what I missed, but did we just lose TE?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 PM

How about if, when posting his own opinion, TE uses the following:

The Engineer
Board Member
Poker Players Alliance
Speaking in this instance as a person and not as an official PPA board member

Just a thought. My example is slightly ludicrous, but would something along those lines be workable???

IndyFish
Just a forum member
Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 PM

Hi Fish:

[ QUOTE ]

The Engineer
Board Member
Poker Players Alliance

[/ QUOTE ]

I had already suggested something along this line to him.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that people from Two Plus Two have posted as a person, and not Two Plus Two.(I'm thinking of David Sklansky with regards to the Absolute Poker scandal, and you said he was not speaking on behalf of Two Plus Two).

[/ QUOTE ]

This post by David that you're referring to was only up for a few minutes. David called me immediately after posting it and we agreed that it was not appropriate at that time. So citing a post that was immediately removed with David in agreement isn't the same thing.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all

[ QUOTE ]
rich,

you're in the political arena now. You need to develop thicker skin and plow forward. We know mason's attitude toward PPA is curious, but that doesn't mean it's in the best interest of you/PPA/legalization movement for you to get all offended, take your ball and go home.

Just do what mason asks, unless the PPA absolutely forbids you to, which they probably won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should repost my earlier reply to this. I thought I could delete the entire thread. I posted that I'm not offended or upset or anything. Rather, I can't really post my own, independent thoughts if I have to sign them "PPA Board Member". If I do that, my posts will have to reflect the PPA's positions. This is impossible for me, as I never represent the PPA here. Rather, I represent us to the PPA.

Imagine if Skallagrim had to start signing each and every post as "PPA NH State Director". Obviously he'd be posting differently, because his posts would imply that he was posting in that capacity.

I do wonder if Greg Raymer will have to post with his board postion next time he posts here, or if the other state directors will have to.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Fish:

[ QUOTE ]

The Engineer
Board Member
Poker Players Alliance

[/ QUOTE ]

I had already suggested something along this line to him.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really not workable. I NEVER represent PPA here. I ALWAYS represent our community to PPA. That's why I volunteered to work with PPA. I don't work for PPA and I don't represent PPA. I wanted to help them to improve. We need an effective PPA, unless someone has plans to form a new lobby.

Why not just change my title under my name to "PPA Board Member" and leave it at that, like you do for TruePoker CEO, Jay Cohen, and others? Also, if you make Skallagrim do this, what will be left of your Legislation forum?

I won't sign my name and "PPA Board Member" to posts that are not related to my role at PPA. If you don't want me posting anything but PPA-sanctioned posts, that's your decision.

For everyone else: does anyone here think we'd be better off without the PPA? Where would be be legislatively? How about Mass?

Anyway, as I didn't write this as a PPA Director or on behalf of PPA, I can't sign it with that title. Feel free to delete.

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that people from Two Plus Two have posted as a person, and not Two Plus Two.(I'm thinking of David Sklansky with regards to the Absolute Poker scandal, and you said he was not speaking on behalf of Two Plus Two).

[/ QUOTE ]

This post by David that you're referring to was only up for a few minutes. David called me immediately after posting it and we agreed that it was not appropriate at that time. So citing a post that was immediately removed with David in agreement isn't the same thing.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason (and David)

I did not realize that.

My sincerest apologies.

And, seeing above where you say TE can specify that he is speaking on his own behalf is good middle ground.

Apologies,

Josh W
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

I didn't read this post. But we're asking that all officials of the PPA, and the Engineer is a board member, to finish their posts with their name and position. The other PPA officials who post here have complied with this, and we want it done for the benefit of our posters, especially the newer ones, so they know who speaks with some authority concerning the PPA.

Best wishes,

Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately that may "handcuff" TE's posting to that which he knows The PPA as an organization will approve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's nothing personal. I simply won't be effective with this constraint. Perhaps everyone here should be required to sign with their real names, jobs, and volunteer efforts.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why not just change my title under my name to "PPA Board Member" and leave it at that, like you do for TruePoker CEO, Jay Cohen, and others? Also, if you make Skallagrim do this, what will be left of your Legislation forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me this is a reasonable approach
Closed Thread