Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Most attended Poker Tournaments in Vegas

I will be going to Las Vegas for about a week in December and I was wondering what are the good tournaments there. You know ones where there is usually a nice size field. In the neighborhood of $500-$50 tournaments, where can I go that will get a nice showing?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Most attended Poker Tournaments in Vegas

$500's dont' get much of a turnout. Bellagio is the only place for more than 3 tables on those. Wynn gets 10-20 players on a normal basis.

Google: Las Vegas Poker Tournaments and there are a few good sites out there that will give approximate average numbers.

Did you mean 50 to 500 or 500 to 5k?

Sahara is always good for a solid turnout on weekends, dealing/floor staff is subpar. 10 tables or so. $62 total.

Caesars $100+ usually has 6-10 tables weekdays, up to 15 on weekends.

Planet Hollywood's $60 tourneys get 6-8 tables on weekdays at 2pm and 7pm, weekends get upwards of 100-130 players.

Orleans NL tourney usually draw 100+ on weekends, 70-110 or so on weekdays.

Those are usually the better turnouts in town.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you mean 50 to 500 or 500 to 5k?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant tournaments that cost in the range or 50 dollars to 500 dollars for a buy-in. It seems like AC has it over Vegas in terms of their poker tournaments showing.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM

I would highly recommend Binions, downtown Vegas.

They have 4 tourneys a day, and on Friday/Saturday, they add 10k to sweeten the pot.

Link here:

http://www.binions.com/gaming/tournaments.html

You might also check out the Venetian as well, as they have a $170 event ($130 + one $50 rebuy if you so choose), that gets good attendence, at least when I was there.

That one plays at 8pm each night.

They also have one earlier in the day, but the cost is much higher (I forget how much).

Link to the Venetian:

http://www.venetian.com/POKERROOM.aspx
Old 10-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Few people come to Vegas to play a lot of tournaments. The most common complaint about most Vegas tourney's, I'm told, including those with 15 minute blinds and 2000 starting chips where the structure doubles every round, is "2.5 hours is too long". The tourists wanna sit down for an hour or maybe two at most and then move on. So the tourneys with real structures that last >6 hours have to fight that, and there just isn't a large enough locals turnout to keep all of them jumping.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 PM

I forgot about Venetian. They're averaging 6-8 tables at the 8pm tourney last I heard. The daytime died right off when it went to the 340, but the new one is driving 5 tables or so on peak days. Binions is hit or miss, again, depending on day of the week and time. I've been there when it was 3 tables, and been there at 9 or 10 tables.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 AM

Anyone know how the tourneys at the Mirage are? I'm staying there soon and am considering playing a few.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 AM

2-4 tables pretty much every day. Not a great turnout anymore since there are much better choices out there. They used to get upwards of 10 tables but those days are long gone.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$500's dont' get much of a turnout. Bellagio is the only place for more than 3 tables on those. Wynn gets 10-20 players on a normal basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the majority of the month of December (thru the 18th) the Five Diamond World Poker Classic (w/ $15k Main Event) will be going on. During the big tournies the $500 daily/$1k Fri-Sat doesn't go off.

Normally right now the dailies have been in the 35-50 person neighborhood.

[ QUOTE ]
Sahara is always good for a solid turnout on weekends, dealing/floor staff is subpar. 10 tables or so. $62 total.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stand going to the Sahara anymore. You'd think someone who's consistently FT'd/cashed that tourney whenever they play it (me) would keep going back, but...

[ QUOTE ]
Caesars $100+ usually has 6-10 tables weekdays, up to 15 on weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

This the "new" 11pm tourney with the increased buy-in (from the previous $60)? If so I wish it was still at $60; made for the perfect improved late-night cheapo donkament in a much better enviroment than... the Sahara.

[ QUOTE ]
Planet Hollywood's $60 tourneys get 6-8 tables on weekdays at 2pm and 7pm, weekends get upwards of 100-130 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the 11pm do?