Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Donk gets annoyed how to get value

was pretty sure he had sweet FA here. just taken a lot of his stack the last orbit. also i raise otb in this spot a lot- 10Js- AKs and a lot of pp's. I shoved and he folded quick like, is there anything else i can do here? he has stats of 31/10 af of 1.8.

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($27.00)
MP ($168.51)
Button ($231.15)
SB ($74.50)
Hero ($374.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $21</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $70</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $378.15 (All-In)</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $454.15
Old 08-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Donk gets annoyed how to get value

Not sure if theres much point in this post because the only other option is to call his bet and try to extract some value on any flop without an ace.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Jams is right. Call and check raise him/lead light on a non ace flop (mix it up depending on situational factors). There are 3 options presented right now (more if the ace flops, obv) and i like the one you chose worst.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jams is right. Call and check raise him/lead light on a non ace flop (mix it up depending on situational factors). There are 3 options presented right now (more if the ace flops, obv) and i like the one you chose worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no this dude already stuck 1/3 his stack in. he's way more likely to stack off with 55 or A6 now as opposed to when he sees a flop. he obv thinks you were stealing or he was trapping. if he was trapping then shove it in before anyhting bad can happen for his AK/QQ. even the dumbest fish aren't shoving 94s on a Q82 flop for pot after you raise to 10bb from the BB and call a limp/3bet
Old 08-11-2007, 01:51 PM

I was in this spot earlier, guy finally 4bet me with KQo and called a shove. nohting you can do but shove here
Old 08-11-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he obv thinks you were stealing or he was trapping. if he was trapping then shove it in before anyhting bad can happen for his AK/QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How do you know the "donk" had that or was thinking the things you said? Pretty obvious he didn't have as good a hand to call the shove simple as that.

As for the OP, how about raising/reraising a little smaller and since you have him covered, don't put your whole stack in. $200 or even $170 does the same job, if he was gonna call he would've just put it all in. Your whole stack scared him off that's all.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he obv thinks you were stealing or he was trapping. if he was trapping then shove it in before anyhting bad can happen for his AK/QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How do you know the "donk" had that or was thinking the things you said? Pretty obvious he didn't have as good a hand to call the shove simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh... read the rest of my post where i explain why shoving is better now if he's not that strong either....

he'll call with lots of garbage because of pot odds or he'll put you on AK and call with 55. or put you on 55 and call with JTs

[ QUOTE ]
As for the OP, how about raising/reraising a little smaller and since you have him covered, don't put your whole stack in. $200 or even $170 does the same job,

[/ QUOTE ]

and i don't understand how you say to make it $200 when there's, what, $230 stack sizes?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Questions:

1, Why you say 'i raise otb in this spot a lot', im assuming you mean out the blinds as you did and not on the button as villain did?
2, Has villain seen you do this? When someone does this to me i assume a tighter range than you seem to have, and im sure button does similar.

If villain has seen you do this light, or you think he might think you're doing it light then i see the argument for shoving preflop - but in general i just dont see it being the better option without any reads.

Plus i can turn your statement round that even the duymbest fish arent calling a shove 4-bet with 94s preflop. Ironically he is more likely to shove on that flop than call your shove.

Just call his 3-bet and check to him on the flop. There isnt a hand he can have or a flop that could come where he wont bet it if he is truly the donk as described.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uh... read the rest of my post where i explain why shoving is better now if he's not that strong either....

and i don't understand how you say to make it $200 when there's, what, $230 stack sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you often win small pots on big hands, and lose big pots on small hands? ;-)
Old 08-11-2007, 02:04 PM

shove, clearly best