Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Confused on every street

SB is a loose passive preflop and fit or fold postflop.
BB is 40/10/1, somewhat spazzy preflop but more or less straightforward postflop.

I felt the pot was big enough to fight for on the flop and was planning on folding the turn until it got checked. No idea whether or not to bet the turn and the river is a mystery as well.

4/8 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>. Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3 bets, Hero calls, SB fold ?!?!

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3 bets, Hero calls

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks(?!?!?!), Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB bets, hero?

Final Pot:
Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Confused on every street

I'd play it passive since it is hu. the pot is big so we don't want to put ourself in a situation where we want to fold. having the K in our hand is nice because AK and QK are reverse dominated.

so I call down, betting when checked to
Old 07-23-2007, 04:34 AM

I agree with Yourface.

As played I think you need to b/f turn.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 AM

Yea dude if you raise the flop the pot is ~8BB on the turn if he bets, so you can't really fold even if you know your beat. Also there are no real draws on board, if villain is aware of this and you're not the type to completely bluff raise a raggy flop against a PF 3 bettor, he might even occasionally find a fold somewhere with a hand like ace high that would've put in a bet on every street had you gone passive, although I think most people can't help but calldown ace high, especially if it was a pretty hand PF.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 AM

Well with a read that villain is straightforward I think you should bet this turn. c/r after 3-betting flop doesn't seem like something a player like that would do very often. As played you should call river since he could bet with A-high when you check behind on turn.