Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
So I havent really played video games very much since I was like 14 except for the occasional stoned Mario Kart with my roommate. I come home for Thanksgiving break and my lil brother has a 360 and Halo 3 so Im like what the hell Ill play it and see what all the fuss is about.

After like an hour I was addicted

gg poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Super Smash Bros Melee for Game cube, has probably cost me over 30k. (Could have been playing poker, all those hours)

The amount of time my roommates and I have logged on this game while stoned is sickening.

My second semester upcomming I'm taking off for various reasons, however, I feel my itinerary for this upcoming semester is going to be 3 things only and in this order.

-Poker
-Sex
-Drinking

$$$+STD's+Liver disease = ????
Old 11-24-2007, 12:33 PM

When you're hot, you're HOT!!!

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP1: $98.50
MP2: $79.45
CO: $134.80
Hero (BTN): $95.50
SB: $103.25
BB: $19.50
UTG: $54.65
UTG+1: $100

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $95.50 and is All-In</font>, UTG+1 calls $55.50

Flop: ($192.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($192.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($192.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $192.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON $189.50 (+$94 NET)
UTG+1 showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$95.50 NET)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought overlays were when the site guarantees a certain amount of money in the prize pool, but not enough people register to cover that guarantee, and the site has to dish out some money on its own

example, stars sunday million, 4500 people register. the prize pool is guaranteed to be at least 1 million, so stars has to fork up the extra 100 grand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Also sometimes money is added to the prizepool by the site/cardroom. This money counts as an overlay as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad...messed it up, I guess
Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for u older guys...what wud do differently if u were 21 again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, my only major regret was before I was 21. My plan had always been 4 years of college after school and by the time I got out of high school, I just didn't care to go.

Had the grades and SAT scores to go pretty much anywhere around here I wanted to but was just burnt out. I did go for one year locally but basically did nothing in regards to school work as I was working full time also. All I cared about was hanging out with my friends and getting a paycheck and racing/working on cars.

My original plan was to attend UNC for 4 years and if I had to do it over again, thats pretty much the only major thing I would do over. Huge regret there.

So my elderly advice for you young whippersnappers is...STAY IN SCHOOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, my only major regret was before I was 21. My plan had always been 4 years of college after school and by the time I got out of high school, I just didn't care to go.

Had the grades and SAT scores to go pretty much anywhere around here I wanted to but was just burnt out. I did go for one year locally but basically did nothing in regards to school work as I was working full time also. All I cared about was hanging out with my friends and getting a paycheck and racing/working on cars.

My original plan was to attend UNC for 4 years and if I had to do it over again, thats pretty much the only major thing I would do over. Huge regret there.

So my elderly advice for you young whippersnappers is...STAY IN SCHOOL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have a gf?

If so do you wish you slayed more broads?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:59 PM

THis is how I just ended my session.

3 limpers, guy raises to 5bb, I call, one other caller.

I have 55. Flop comes K59, rainbow.

Guy bets pot, I call.

Turn 3 of hearts.

Guy bets half pot, I disconnect.......
Old 11-24-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THis is how I just ended my session.

3 limpers, guy raises to 5bb, I call, one other caller.

I have 55. Flop comes K59, rainbow.

Guy bets pot, I call.

Turn 3 of hearts.

Guy bets half pot, I disconnect.......

[/ QUOTE ]

This usually results in some damage to my wall or laptop.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Live hand last night at the Taj in AC. 1/2 game.

2 limpers, guy raises to $15 ($225 or so stack). My brother reraises to $50 ($250 stack). Both limpers and the original raiser call. Flop comes 889. First limper goes all in for another $50. Original raiser goes all in for the rest of his stack and my brother goes all in. Limper shows 22. Raiser shows AKo and my brother has KK. Turn 8, river 8 for the quads...Ace plays.

Lady with 22 says "well I was down to my last $100 so was just waiting for something to play." Guy with AK says he put my brother (who had been carddead and not playing anything for an hour) on AQ (lol). He kept apologizing over and over and offered my bro $10. Didn't go over so well...lol at live poker.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have a gf?

If so do you wish you slayed more broads?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...well that regret is kind of tied into my college regret, since going to college 4 years = major broad slayage.

Seriously though, I did have a steady GF for a year or so when I was 19-20 but that was it. Stayed single from 20-24 which I highly recommend to all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Plenty of time to get serious with women after those fun years.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live hand last night at the Taj in AC. 1/2 game.

2 limpers, guy raises to $15 ($225 or so stack). My brother reraises to $50 ($250 stack). Both limpers and the original raiser call. Flop comes 889. First limper goes all in for another $50. Original raiser goes all in for the rest of his stack and my brother goes all in. Limper shows 22. Raiser shows AKo and my brother has KK. Turn 8, river 8 for the quads...Ace plays.

Lady with 22 says "well I was down to my last $100 so was just waiting for something to play." Guy with AK says he put my brother (who had been carddead and not playing anything for an hour) on AQ (lol). He kept apologizing over and over and offered my bro $10. Didn't go over so well...lol at live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first trip to Vegas with a buddy, that hand pretty much summarizes his entire trip.

It was so bad that we had a dealer apoligize to him at one point.

The last of the beats that I can remember went something like this.

Our Favorite dealer Gina was dealing, MGM.

Local maniac raises it up to like 22 pre flop after some limpers and my buddy calls.

Flop comes 936, rainbow.

My buddy leeads for about 30 (was in a blind) and the local Maniac pushes over top of him.

Buddy calls and flips up 33, Local Maniac says "man, looks like I got caught this time... thought you were trying to push me out of it" and shows A9 for top pair.

My buddy gets excited and I told him to settle down because he'll probably lose like he has the rest of the trip.

Turn Ace, river 9.

Gina apoligized, this was the 3rd beat she dealt to him that day!
Closed Thread