Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Flopped TPTK on 3 suit flop

Villian is good TAG, I don't have stats on him b/c my PokerAce trial expired and I haven't bought it yet.

The way he played it at the time made me think he had a flush but honestly if we fold doesn't this make us really weak tight?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($32.85)
BB ($25)
UTG ($17.05)
MP ($26.80)
CO ($8.70)
Button ($26.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Villan completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Villan calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Villan calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, Villan calls $3.25.

River: ($11.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villan bets $7</font>, Hero...

Final Pot: $25.50
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Flopped TPTK on 3 suit flop

you're betting too small on flop/turn and the donkbet on the river means you're beat. fold.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 AM

flop bet is fine turn i bet like 4 and river id fold
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 AM

why are both of you saying fold? What do we put him on? you really think he flopped a flush? and if he had a set, why wouldn't he raise flop and/or turn considering theres 3 to a flush on the board? What other hand could he have? I don't see two pair or a straight as likely possibilities at all.

I also don't think my flop bet is small at all. Turn bet maybe but even if I had bet a little more I really doubt it would have made a difference and would probably just cost me more money if I ended up folding.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM

useually good tags dont make that bet on the river with a naked queen these types of bets useually mean your one pair insnt good sure he could have kq or jq but i think he would raise you with one of the hands before the river because of the flush out there idk id fold this more often then call
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 AM

I am very curious to know what he had tho.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 AM

your flop bet is on the bottom end of ok. your turn bet should be &gt;4.

the only thing you are beating here is the As. fold.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 AM

since there is 1.25 in the pot before your pre-flop raise, I would raise between 2-2.5 and try to take it down right there. Then a call would narrow his possible hand range down more than your 1 bet did.

Based on what happened, I think suited connectors are a highly possible call for the villan. I also would put him on paint or Ax.

On the flop I'd make a bit more than a pot sized bet (2.25 or so) to give him worse drawing odds on the flush draw. If that gets called, I check it down and possibly call a smallish bet or a massive push(especially if villian is known to be tricky).
Old 11-14-2007, 07:26 AM

I can't believe so many people want to fold. This is BVB and tags can easily make this play with busted flushdraws. I'd say villain catching 2 pair is far more likely than a set or flush. Why wouldn't he raise the flop or turn? I'm calling this all day long and expecting to see A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a lot.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Hero raised pf bet flop and bet turn villan knows hes prob calling a 7$ river bet sinse he showed strenth the entire hand. Your basicly hoping he has the A of spades and is bluffing