Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Showing Cards when All in 1/2NL game

I was playing 1/2NL at FW on Friday not and witnessed an interesting situation.

There were 6 players to the flop for 12 each (typical).

Flop comes down QTJ with 2 clubs. Action was heavy on the flop.

SB bets 30, Shorty with 60 behind just calls. Big stack with 500 or so calls, LP pushes for 110. SB repushes for 210. Shorty puts in his 60 and the big stack thinks and asks for the chips to be counted out. As the dealer is seperating/couting stacks big stack is thinking out loud and sitting next to him I think it is obvious he is on a flush draw.

After a short time big stack finally makes the call. There are 3 players allin and the big stack. The allin guys all flip their cards, SB K9x for the flopped straight, Shorty with JT for flopped 2 pair, Big stack who didn't flip over, and the LP pusher with QT for flopped top 2.

The SB says to the big stack "you aren't going to show? I don't need to see they anyway. I'm ahead right now. Don't show me."

Turn and river are bricks, no flushes, no FH and the straight holds.

He is pushed the pot and then some one from across the table says he wants to see the big stacks call. He wasn't in the hand and has asked to see this players cards 2 times already. Big stack has already mucked and dealer was bring the chips to the SB. SB pipes up and claims that now he wants to see the mucked Big stacks cards.

Too late. Cards were gone, irretreivable and player had walked away from the table.

Later the floor happens to be around for a time drop and the player asked if there was no more action did the Big stack have to flip his cards immediately? Did he have to show them at the end of the hand? If it was requested.

Did he have to show them after the action was closed on the flop? What if players still in the hand requested it?

Floor said he only has to show if he wants to win the hand or if someone asks to see the hand. If someone asked to see the hand after flop can they? Do they have to wait until the turn and river are dealt?

Being that the IWSTH has already in my opinion been abused I can understand why he didn't want to show the hand. It was pretty obvious what he had.

Confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]