Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: College Basketball Catch up Thread

For the first time basically ever, there is major excitement about Washington State basketball. Most preseason polls have them in the top 10. The Pac-10 is gonna be stacked this year, but WSU will hopefully be right there competing for the championship.

Only lost 1 player from last year's team and a great core group of seniors to lead this year.

Key players:

G - Derrick Low
F - Kyle Weaver
F - Robbie Cowgill
C - Aron Baines
G - Taylor Rochestie

As terrible as the football season is going, I can't wait for WSU basketball... season opener Nov 9.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine Hibbert, Macklin, Summers, Ewing and Wallace on the court at the same time will be a common occurrance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet that this lineup sees the floor for less than 5 minutes all year, if at all. Not enough ball handling and would likely lead to a lot of fouls, not to mention that we have more depth at guard than in the frontcourt.

I've seen both Freeman and Wright play a lot, and each is more than ready to contribute. It's hard to predict what will happen with CW, as he will miss a lot of practice and the start of the season due to his broken foot. Since he will also be competing with Rivers (who, unfortunately, doesn't look to have improved his shot at all), he may struggle to pick up minutes at first.

Freeman, on the other hand, has to play - he is simply too good not to. He'll probably be the second best 3 point shooter on the team, will have by far the best midrange game, and will be up there for best penetrator with Sapp and Wright. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play just as much as Macklin, at least while Wright is out. That may change later, but only due to need. I'd be surprised if Freeman wasn't our best player off the bench this year.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Pac-10 is gonna be stacked this year

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...ory/10400769/1
Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 AM

Yea Freeman will be good, I think he might push Sapp for playing time. Sapp cant shoot and Freeman can, Freeman is bigger and can jump.

No way Macklin, Ewing, Summers, Hibbert are on the floor together. At least I hope to god that doesnt happen. I want Ewing on the court as little as possible.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 AM

Maryland loses 3 starters. Vasquez and Hayes backcourt should be exciting though. Osby should be able to replace Ibekwe decently. Gist is still there. Not 100% certain about the other starting spot. Their defense should still be very good, but obviously losing DJ hurts. Some people are concerned about losing Mike Jones, but I have to think that we can find one decent shooter to take over his role. Some freshmen may get big minutes this year. Making the tourney would be a successful season imo.

Oh and it looks like they may have lost their top recruit, Terrence Jennings, for 2008. He was committed but backed out....not sure what will happen now. He was a top 15 player in the nation. I think Kentucky is also on his list of possible schools.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine Hibbert, Macklin, Summers, Ewing and Wallace on the court at the same time will be a common occurrance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet that this lineup sees the floor for less than 5 minutes all year, if at all. Not enough ball handling and would likely lead to a lot of fouls, not to mention that we have more depth at guard than in the frontcourt.

I've seen both Freeman and Wright play a lot, and each is more than ready to contribute. It's hard to predict what will happen with CW, as he will miss a lot of practice and the start of the season due to his broken foot. Since he will also be competing with Rivers (who, unfortunately, doesn't look to have improved his shot at all), he may struggle to pick up minutes at first.

Freeman, on the other hand, has to play - he is simply too good not to. He'll probably be the second best 3 point shooter on the team, will have by far the best midrange game, and will be up there for best penetrator with Sapp and Wright. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play just as much as Macklin, at least while Wright is out. That may change later, but only due to need. I'd be surprised if Freeman wasn't our best player off the bench this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be absolutely thrilled if Freeman does anything that results in Rivers never taking off his sweats the entire season.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Pac-10 is gonna be stacked this year

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...ory/10400769/1

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. As nice as it is to see Oregon in the preseason polls, I'm really scared of the gauntlet we'll have to run in conference. Also, I'm not too confident in Tajuan Porter's ability to run the offense by himself. Watching him shoot is wonderful, but dribbling and passing... not quite so much. I suspect we're going to miss Aaron Brooks more than most people are counting on.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maryland loses

[/ QUOTE ]

tldr fyp
Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, The Big11Ten is not fun to watch. there are 20 total points scored at half.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It'd be cool if the G'town rivalry heated up again; but this ridiculous 300 team conference isn't helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of the 300 team conference....of course I live in Milwaukee and just picked up Marquette season tickets. So seeing G-Town, Louisville, Pitt instead of Houston, South Florida & Tulane is quite attractive.

If Summers develops for the Hoyas they may not fall far at all with the loss of Green.