Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]
I had an in person (at his office in Seattle) handshake deal with Kyle and his partner to buy a few of my websites. When it came time to pay me he put me off several times. Finally when the money was 7 days late I said "okay, could you pay me 30% of what you owe". He said "no, we are having cash flow problems". So I said, "no problem, could you send me 10% or what you owed me a week ago?" No. sorry he said. I was trying to see if these guys were real or not so I could move on to another buyer. If you can't come up with 10% of $40,000 that means you have bad credit and no lines of credit to me so I had heard enough.

He said, "don't worry you will get your money". I told him to [censored] off and kicked him to the curb since I don't have time for jacks. I thought he was sincere (and his handshake was good) since I knew he was a big poster here that mentioned his "business" often on 2+2.

Kyles post replying to OP sounds similar to the way he acted towards me. Like I needed to be patient and understanding even though he couldnt come up with 10% of what he owed 7 days late. Thats not someone I want to do business with. I pay my bills on time. Next time I run a credit check.

If ya wanna compare beacons let me know Kyle. Or we could prop bet on whose is higher. I'll spot ya 50 points and give ya 2-1.

The OP might get his $200 but buyer/prop bettor beware on this mod, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, wow.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 PM

always escrow imo
Old 10-08-2007, 04:30 PM

Grimmed on a 40k business deal. Harsh. Cant trust anyone these days. Have to have freaking everything in writing
Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 PM

I was a reluctant seller since I had put 4 hard years in building my sites (7). I'm very happy I kept them and have had 1 better offer since (that I turned down).

It would have been a great buy for him if he coulda closed the deal.

I only posted this because the OP's story sounded familiar and the [censored] up response from Kyle sounded like the emails I got asking for my money. "Whats the big hurry". "Why are you so impatient?" "I'll have it in a few days"

Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grimmed on a 40k business deal. Harsh. Cant trust anyone these days. Have to have freaking everything in writing

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Common Sense it's nice to meet you.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Im off for some popcorn - bumped so Kyle can respond to allegations of scummyness [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 05:19 PM

What Bob alleges is actually fairly accurate with the exception of what actually happened. I have no doubt he feels badly about how the deal went down.

The facts are: I agreed in principle to buy several websites of his, but after speaking to lawyers re: legality of them (affiliate-esque sites) and other potential investors in the project (well-known 2+2'ers) I had decided it was a bad idea. In keeping in line with confidentiality agreements, I didn't divulge the details of the project to raise capital for the purchase to Bob or anyone else, which is probably why he holds the viewpoint he does.

Of course, never once did I say something like "don't worry, you'll get your money" or something that unprofessional in a business deal.

But, whatever. You guys can choose to believe who you want. I've borrowed and lent five figures from and to many respected posters here that can speak up if they'd like - obviously I won't divulge their information without their permission.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Oh, and FWIW, Bob's sites and products were well-planned out and I was duly impressed with them. It is unfortunate that the deal didn't go through for various reasons, but with the passing of the UIGEA and my backers and I speaking to two top gaming lawyers, it became an impossibility.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM

Hey who hijacked my thread lol?

Interesting stuff going on in here.

So kyleb I'm just going to flat out ask the question here and you can answer it right here.

WHEN...ARE...YOU...GOING...TO...PAY...ME?

No ohh when I get to it, ohhh when epassporte pays, no sidetracking. Say a time so that BBV has a record of it. We are a week later now and have made no progress at all except that you have avoided saying anything productive.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 PM

I'll send it tonight. Got FTP to reverse a cashout so I'll send it there since you don't want to wait for Stars. PM me your FTP name again since I'm at the office.
Closed Thread