Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Some serious doubts about pokerstars...

[ QUOTE ]
Stars might actually have a system in place to lock accounts (if it doesn't, I stand corrected - I just haven't tested it myself), but the person who hacked Greg's account might not have made every attempt in one session.

Typically, from my experience, if you screw up a password once or twice a day on website xyz, nothing happens. So, if this is the case with Stars, the hacker could have just spread the attempts over a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, and this is something I hadn't thought of.

The only reason I doubt they have this is because we use the same name to login as we do to play. So I think if there were a feature like that we'd see a lot of trouble with locked accounts. Imagine how juicy you could make your games by getting all the regs' accounts locked.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if it is true that does not change the facts i have mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

R they really facts? So far they are not supported.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IT IS A BRUTE FORCE ATTACK EVEN IF HE NERROWED DOWN TO 1000 possibilites.

it is still brute force !

the guy did not know greg before that personally. so it had to take him a few 10's of guesses ? maybe a couple of hundrads ?

still - pokerstars should have known about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I’ve been curious about this myself. What might have happened is that Greg (like many people) has one password that he uses for most of his online accounts. If that’s the case, he may have signed up for an account on some discussion board or what have you, and those people said ‘I wonder if he uses the same password on his PokerStars account’. This is just speculation.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Some serious doubts about pokerstars...

1. Where do all the nits come from?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 01:45 AM

Lets put some common sense into this thread...

You think because a pros account was hacked its a big conspiracy theory? Do you have any idea how many hackers there are out there? Do you have any idea how many times someone has tried to hack a pro/rich Pokerstars players? The answer is a lot.

You act like this is the first hacking attempt and it worked. Peoples accounts get hacking attempts a lot, this is the first time it happened to a big name. It wasn't some inside job, Raymer had an easy password.

Also, you mention something about an employee maybe giving him the password? Passwords are embedded into a database. Just like Vbulletin, PHP, SMF. Noone knows your password. Thats why if you forget your password they never tell you it. They can only reset it and send you a new one.

Also, there is a thread on here about PokerStars secure IDs, Pokerstars will give you an ID # you type in when logging in. Im sure someone will find it for you.

Im sure if i tried hard enough i could guess his password. Im guessing it has to do with...champion, wsop, poker, raleigh, raymer, greg, his daughters name.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. nikstar - a wcoop event winner 2006 never played before or after on pokerstars. except for that tournament where he took 46K .
If you look at top 5 finishers of some events you will find out that some of them ( which took some $$ ) has no history at all of playing at pokerstars. just like nikstar.
[ QUOTE ]

Why would they quit if they figured out a way to cheat their way to winning $40,000 plus? I guess they are not that smart afterall. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Give it a rest!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You think because a pros account was hacked its a big conspiracy theory? Do you have any idea how many hackers there are out there? Do you have any idea how many times someone has tried to hack a pro/rich Pokerstars players? The answer is a lot.

You act like this is the first hacking attempt and it worked. Peoples accounts get hacking attempts a lot, this is the first time it happened to a big name. It wasn't some inside job, Raymer had an easy password.

Also, you mention something about an employee maybe giving him the password? Passwords are embedded into a database. Just like Vbulletin, PHP, SMF. Noone knows your password. Thats why if you forget your password they never tell you it. They can only reset it and send you a new one.

Also, there is a thread on here about PokerStars secure IDs, Pokerstars will give you an ID # you type in when logging in. Im sure someone will find it for you.

Im sure if i tried hard enough i could guess his password. Im guessing it has to do with...champion, wsop, poker, raleigh, raymer, greg, his daughters name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also just to add on to my post above. WCOOP #13is tomorrow. This is a $1000 buy in tournament that is going to get about 2,000 players. Pokerstars weekly $1000 tournament gets about 300 players. There is going to be an extra 1700 players in this event. How many of those have never played a tounrment there before? A lot.

The WCOOP gets a lot more players than normal tournaments. Also, you pick 1 event of the 23 and find a new player and cry its a conspiracy.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 AM

Couple of pretty bad mistakes the OP made.
1st title of thread will do nothing but attract PS zealots and shills to flame .
2nd Posted a couple of concerns about PS thinking they might actually be addressed or even discussed in any normal way.

Sorry pal you had to expect to get flamed. Personally attacked and any blame for a site allowing someone to take 10k shots at someones PW being the account holders fault.

Never mind the other stuff you mentioned. No chance that will ever get discussed. There are so many more interesting things to bring up like 'are you a gambling addict?'

Good job PS shills I will obey and even now am learning the PS mantra 'PS has great customer service, great security and FPP are better than RB'

Did I miss anything?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:54 AM

nikstar winngin 46k off 300$ in his first ever online tourny on stars is OUT OF CONTROL
Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also just to add on to my post above. WCOOP #13is tomorrow. This is a $1000 buy in tournament that is going to get about 2,000 players. Pokerstars weekly $1000 tournament gets about 300 players. There is going to be an extra 1700 players in this event. How many of those have never played a tounrment there before? A lot.

The WCOOP gets a lot more players than normal tournaments. Also, you pick 1 event of the 23 and find a new player and cry its a conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got a great idea! Why don't you swap AIM IDs with this guy and you can then discus rigging theories with each other without the need to post them here? Great idea eh?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]